Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceHow ToReal EstateVirtual Reality

1st VT with the Theta Z1 and wondering how to capture a "regular" still12290

MCML private msg quote post Address this user
I recently shot my first 360 virtual tour with the Theta Z1 and I have to wonder how to capture fantastic stills that are on par with Matterport using the Theta Z1. Do I have to bring an additional DSLR camera to the shoot or is there a way to fix the fish eye image so it represents a still photo ... ? or some other trick I haven't learned yet?

The still image plugin doesn't seem to do it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
Z1 is 23MP, Pro2 is 134MP..tough to get those two values to give comparable quality stills. Z1 is a great little camera for quick 360 tours though - and mounted on a monopod - it's nice to have something so little and light to move around. Makes Pro2s feel like "luggables".
Post 2 IP   flag post
remaxvictory private msg quote post Address this user
I would love if a solution for this existed...

It seems that most of the native stills would be "acceptable" but Matterport seems to compress the images. IMO
Post 3 IP   flag post
Atriux private msg quote post Address this user
Buy a DSLR cam if you want to 2D still pictures . Z1 is a 360 degree camera and converting pictures to 2D ...requires skills & software and time. You tube the problem and see if is worth it .
Post 4 IP   flag post
MCML private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the info! I do have a DSLR that I could bring but was hoping there was a way to take the stills from the tour like I did with the Matterport. I have googled converting an equirectangular image to a normal image but that didn't return many results. From what I could see, yes, it would be quite complicated.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?