Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AsteroomCloud PanoGeoCVListing3DMatterportNewsRealyncversus

Asteroom versus Matterport12243

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Brick Underground (20 May 2020) Here are the best examples of virtual NYC apartment tours using Matterport, Asteroom, Listing3D, and Realync

Hi All,

Asteroom versus Matterport: your thoughts?

FYI ... In this article, Listing3D uses GeoCV platform. Realync uses video tours.

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
CrazeVR private msg quote post Address this user
After looking at both Matterport and Asteroom, Matterport is a step above and beyond. Anteroom reminds me more of cloudpano which we use for 24 hour turn around on virtual tours. I will always use 3Dvista for anything else since it is a cut above the rest.

Just my thoughts

Mark
Post 2 IP   flag post
ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeVR
After looking at both Matterport and Asteroom, Matterport is a step above and beyond. Anteroom reminds me more of cloudpano which we use for 24 hour turn around on virtual tours. I will always use 3Dvista for anything else since it is a cut above the rest.

Just my thoughts

Mark
Mark, what camera do you use with 3D Vista?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
This was hardly a comparison of the platforms or technology. Including a COMPANY like Listing3D in a discussion of Matterport vs other platforms lead me to think otherwise.
Post 4 IP   flag post
CrazeVR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahagert
Quote:

Just my thoughts

Mark
Currently we use the INSTA OneX and love it. so easy to use as long as you have extra batteries on hand when you're doing big projects and it does get hot so give it a break on outdoor projects (downside very fragile)
Post 5 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Listing3D Love the GeoCV platform - wish we could still buy it! Listing3D appears to be a service provider and competitor.

Asteroom, in my opinion, is not a viable option for a higher-end tour. Not sure whether the artifacts in the images in this example are the result of the processing, or otherwise, but this example is a very poor showing for some reason.

Realync is a pretty cool app. I visited their website, but there is not much info as to how to subscribe. They require you to go through some marketing or sales process first (or so it appears). I have reached out to them for more info. Could be a viable option for a provider - just unsure at this point.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahagert
Quote:

Just my thoughts

Mark
Currently we use the INSTA OneX and love it. so easy to use as long as you have extra batteries on hand when you're doing big projects and it does get hot so give it a break on outdoor projects (downside very fragile)
thanks!
Post 7 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod An update about Realync below. His reply is in response to my request for info about the platform and pricing:

------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Bryan,

I appreciate that additional information. Our platform is built out to be a video leasing solution for onsite teams at multifamily properties and allows those teams to host live video tours for prospective residents as well as create their own pre-recorded videos to showcase units, amenities, neighborhoods, etc. Recording your videos in Realync could potentially save you time as all editing is done within the Realync app, but it's also meant to be very DIY and 'real' as it's shot on an iPhone with a DJI Osmo anti-shake gimbal.

One note worth calling out is that we don't allow the download of video files and they remain hosted in the Realync cloud servers due to our product integrations, tracking & analytics, and more.

While our platform could potentially help streamline your recording / editing process, it may not be more affordable for you. Our standard market pricing is a flat $325 / property / mo. That's obviously setup for onsite leasing teams at communities to have access to the full suite of Realync functionality, so you would be a different use case requiring different pricing.

If you feel it's something you'd like to investigate further, I'm happy to align time next week to dive into things with you.

Best,

Matt Weirich
Co-founder, CEO
www.realync.com

--------------------------------------------------

So, a great idea, but not usable for service providers handling shoots for individual properties, or small MDU buildings. I asked him to add me to his email/updates list in case they develop a rate card for our needs.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@bryanhscott

Bryan, thank you for doing the research and sharing it with the WGAN Community.

Too bad that there is no Service Provider business model.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
San Francisco
EricTsai private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhscott
@DanSmigrod Listing3D Love the GeoCV platform - wish we could still buy it! Listing3D appears to be a service provider and competitor.

Asteroom, in my opinion, is not a viable option for a higher-end tour. Not sure whether the artifacts in the images in this example are the result of the processing, or otherwise, but this example is a very poor showing for some reason.

Realync is a pretty cool app. I visited their website, but there is not much info as to how to subscribe. They require you to go through some marketing or sales process first (or so it appears). I have reached out to them for more info. Could be a viable option for a provider - just unsure at this point.

@bryanhscott - thanks for your feedback. The artifact that you were describing was probably the imaging "ghosting" that was resulted from the user using the mobile phones plus the rotator setup. Of course, Asteroom also supports all the 360 cameras out there. When shooting with Z1 or any of the 360 cameras, there will be no "ghosting" of the images
Post 10 IP   flag post
101641 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?