Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
EyeSpy360FirmwareInsta360 Pro 2QualityRawVersus

Bad Quality pictures with Insta 360 One X12223

WGAN Standard
Lisbon, Portugal and London
Pedrotex69 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,
I hope you and your Familys are doing well.

I need some help, I have been doing some 360 Tours using the Insta 360 One X, uploading them thrue Matterport and then doing the Tour with EyeSpy360.

I have been noticing that the quality of my pictures special when I have color walls or black walls is getting worse.

I take the pictures in Raw mode and I am not sure what is going on.

The pictures are not sharp and they have a lot of grain, after they are processed by Matterport.

I am really dissapointed with the quality, is this to be expected from the Insta 360 One X, or am I doing something wrong?

Here are some examples:

Post 1 IP   flag post
RichardStanton private msg quote post Address this user
Have you done the latest firmware updates on your OneX? They have done a few firmware fixes for HDR which Matterport takes advantage of. This greatly improved their low-light performance. That being said, in mid to low light you will definitely notice the grain in the resulting images, especially if you are comparing to a Pro II for reference. Could you export a pano and upload one at full res?
Post 2 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
For me the problem is that these low cost 360 cameras were designed for regular consumers to go out, buy a cheap camera and have some 360 fun. They were not designed with the real estate market and Matterport in mind.
The Pro 2 was designed for use as a professional working tool with 6 lenses, IR sensors and HDR exposure, conceived for the real estate market. More importantly it works well in some very extreme lighting conditions. Bright sunshine excluded!!

The latest incarnation led by Matterport where you can use your iPhone (in theory) is ridiculous as is demonstrated on their own platform in the samples gallery.

It's a real shame. A good Matterport Pro 2 tour is a really useful sales tool. I see so many low quality 360 tours on web sites now that it gives 360 a bad name for real estate agents and for the visitors to their sites.
Post 3 IP   flag post
JoeyMac1965 private msg quote post Address this user
Agree that the Pro 2 is definitely superior, however I disagree that using a 360 camera like the OneX is giving a bad name to real estate agents. I have a OneX and I will agree that depending on the lighting I'm dealing with the image quality is hit or miss but never horrible, 90% of the time they tours are fine the tour serves it purpose.

The facts are that virtual tours add no significant value or help agents sell a home faster or help them get more listings (at least in my market). The marketing departments for these virtual tour products can say what they want. In my market, the majority of top-producing agents do not use any kind of virtual tour and are not loosing market share to those that do. The ones that do use them are not selling their listings any faster or at a higher price than those that don't. Prior to COVID-19, most of the Matterport Tour providers in my area had a $3500-$5000 paper weight because agents realized that these over-prices add on's were not adding any significant value and most stopped using them.

Virtual tours don't sell homes, good real estate agents sell homes. An agent with high quality still photos and the ability to price and market a home properly will get the job done every time and I work with a lot of them. A low cost 360 tour is a nice add-on and you can do that when your not trying to recoup a $5000 investment. I charge $0.03 ft² for a Matterport Tour with 90 days hosting, then $10 for 90 more days if they have not sold the property and scan at a rate of 1,000 sf² in 15-20 minutes. This produces a tour the is good enough for real estate IMO. Personally I would rather not do these tours and tell my clients that unless the seller specifically asks for one, their money and my time are better spent elsewhere.
Post 4 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
We all have our thoughts on this. In my opinion a lower quality 360 tour offers little more than regular photos.

We had to sell my wife's parents' apartment in a retirement home complex. So I made a MP tour. There were 8 almost identical properties for sale in the same building and ours sold in a week. QED.

Of course a good agent with a good contact list is always a winner.

With Covid restrictions the need for a 3D tour is even more important allowing buyers to short list and avoid wasted visits. From past house buying experiences I remember the times of walking in and immediately knowing that it was no good.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Pedrotex69

Is your workflow ...

Insta360 One X paired with Matterport-->process via Matterport--->export--->EyeSpy360

If so, I believe that Matterport does not allow full resolution of 360ºs to be downloaded. Perhaps @JuMP can help understand Matterport export resolution.

If the above workflow, why not the following workflow?

Insta360 One X-->EyeSpy360

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
RichardStanton private msg quote post Address this user
@JoeyMac1965 While I agree that every market is different, having a quality 3d tour should absolutely be helping your clients get better qualified leads faster. In my experience just throwing a 3d tour at an agent and being done with it is not enough, even if it's a reasonably well executed one. If you are finding that they are getting no value from your tours, then I would ask you what you are doing about that? Do you them semi-weekly stats on their tour hits so that they can assess the effectiveness of their marketing blasts? Do you check their MLS listings for them after they post to make sure that they populated the correct fields for syndication and help them fix it if they did not? I am not saying you are or are not doing these things, but I am saying that if your tours are not helping, there are very likely some levers you have available to you to change that. Sometimes that involves becoming the teacher, and teaching the agent be an expert in their own tours. Get them a local copy on their cell phone so they don't need internet to show it off any time anywhere. Give them some best practices to break the ice on someone whom may find the whole 3D thing a hard pill to swallow. Maybe turn your highlight reel into a motion video to break the ice and give additional value. At the very least COVID has allowed the 3D tour to become more of the vetting tool that it is meant to be. It's not a replacement for in-person, but if you did a good job, someone that has seen your tour whom is still interested in physically going to see it should NOT have any of the deal breaker questions left to ask or discover.. at least regarding the space itself (okay, maybe if it smells terrible or the neighbors play 24/7 Achy Breaky Heart on loud speakers ). That if nothing else is a very well qualified lead, and a better use of the agent's time in my opinion.

The reality is people fall back on what they know, and unfortunately our neuro-plasticity doesn't get better the longer we do something. A great sales person will stay a great sales person, and probably resist change, and maybe not care because they will continue to be a good ENOUGH sales person. A good tool used appropriately, however, can only help and open scenarios that did not exist before if they were to take advantage (dare I say, be better than 'enough'?) - it cannot, however, turn a mediocre sales person into a rock star. As with many tools, operational process', marketing spend, etc. you only get back what you put into it. In my personal experience I have to give them a reason to put in that effort, to partner with me, for them to realize that value.

My 2 cents anyway!
Post 7 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Pedro! I own a Insta360R and had the same problem but then I discovered a software which is very useful when there is noise on a pic. Its name is https://www.neatvideo.com/ I'd warmly suggest it.. it's only $69 for full version. I am also using the video plugin for Davinci REsolve that remove noise from 360 videos. Let me know if that works! Força POrtugal!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101629 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?