Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaHow To

3D Vista - In Tour Navigation12165

RGould private msg quote post Address this user
I have been mulling over the many different Virtual Tour Software alternatives. 3D Vista appears to be one of the strongest contenders, however, there is one characteristic that I can not get my head around.

To navigate around the tour, the controls are inverted from what feels natural. In all of their samples, you have to click and then point the mouse to the direction you want to camera to move (which ofter results in over movement and makes the tour torture to navigate)

I much prefer the method of clicking and dragging the camera - the way most other virtual tour programs work and the way we navigate in google street view.

If there a way to change this in 3D Vista, because at this time, this is the feature that is holding me back from downloading the trial?

Thanks for your assistance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Piotr private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think there is a way to invert it once the tour is created and "published".

However if you download the trial and create your own tour you may change this navigation option by:

Click "publish" tab -> among "panorama settings" - > choose option "Use click & drag control mode"

hope that helps
Post 2 IP   flag post
RGould private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Piotr,

That does answer my question. I was worried that you would be unable to alter the set navigation settings to a click and drag method, but I am relieved that you can.

Many Thanks!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Piotr private msg quote post Address this user
No problem at all. I agree with you - that is an important issue. Inverted navigation would be a problem for many users. 3D Vista should have made "click and drag" a default setting, like most other software.
Post 4 IP   flag post
homefinders3d private msg quote post Address this user
I am playing with 3Dvista. The navigation is selected when the tour is published. But, the user can change the method while in the tour by right clicking.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101729 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?