Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pilot EraPilot OnePilotTour

Video: Labpano Pilot One versus Pilot Era12100

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I noticed this video in this related WGAN Forum discussion:

Pilot Era Update: Now supports Pilot Tour

Dan

P.S. Thanks to @AlainRacine for posting this video ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by @AlainRacine
Hello @fotoguy,

I suggest that you watch this: https://youtu.be/_22GKFc2HxU

Ivan dresses a good comparison between Pilot One and the Pilot Era.

The price of the Pilot One is aprox $1000 less than the Era and do the same.

I'm still asking myself if it's possible to use the images taken with the Pilot tour activated to upload them in another software to compare or to upload to Street View.

If someone knows, please let me know.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Here is the WGAN Affiliate Link for the Labpano Pilot One (and click on the menu for Pilot Era).

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: Message from Labpano about its Pilot One GPS Module, as found in the Labpano Community on Facebook on Sunday, 14 June 2020.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

My Recommendations

If you are going to sell Google Street View "Blue Line" creation and updates, get the Labpano Pilot Era instead of the Pilot One because the Pilot Era:

1. has the GPS module within the camera unit (avoids the challenges of the Pilot One + GPS Module connection)
2. 7200mAh removable high capacity battery (3.5 hours versus 2 hours with the Pilot One built-in battery
3. the Pilot Era mounted to a rooftop car mount will be a much safer experience than the Pilot One + Pilot One GPS unit

Buy Now

✓ Labpano Pilot One (064GB) $1,199 | Buy from Labpano
✓ Labpano Pilot One (128GB) $1,249 | Buy from Labpano | Buy from Adorama
✓ Labpano Pilot One (512GB) $1,499 | Buy from Labpano

✓ Labpano Pilot One GPS Module | Buy from Labpano | Buy from Adorama

✓ Labpano Pilot Era (512GB) $2,799 | Buy from Labpano | Buy from Adorama

Do you have questions about using the Labpano One One + Pilot One GPS Module to shoot Google Street View?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Thanks to Labpano for sending me the Pilot One and Pilot One GPS module to beta test and to report about to the WGAN Community.
Post 4 IP   flag post
homefinders3d private msg quote post Address this user
Sooo, @DanSmigrod I am thinking I might purchase the Pilot One based upon Your review.

I want a camera that is "good enough" and that can do GSV with an ez work flow.

As much as I would like the Era, I don't see me spending almost $3K for it, as I think it would be better to spend the extra on an Insta360 Pro 2.

Although I haven't really seen any first hand case studies of the Insta360 Pro 2.

I want something that can stream as well as take panos.

I played around with a Teradek Vidiu Go streaming unit with my Blackmagic BMPC 4K and I think streaming used in the right way could be an underutilized tool in Real Estate.

As in something better than the agent using their phone to stream FB live.

I understand there is an issue with the GPS. Based upon your experience so far, would you recommend the Pilot?

I don't think the QC8 is a solution at this point. I have read some reviews that state the Pilot's have a soft focus issue.

To be clear, I am not asking you if it's the best camera out there. I am just trying to decide on whether or not to wait for a Z1 or buy a Pilot.

I guess in a nutshell is the GPS mounting issue a deal breaker or something that could be overcome?

The question is open to anyone that has experience with the Pilot. I have uploaded images to GSV using the Insta360 One X and one like to expand my business into Blue line.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@homefinders3d

Unfortunately, the Pilot One GPS Module is scary.

As I posted to this WGAN Forum discussion:

Labpano Pilot One + GPS Module + Backpack = Google Street View Blue-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

Screen Grab: Message from Labpano about its Pilot One GPS Module, as found in the Labpano Community on Facebook on Sunday, 14 June 2020.

As you can see, even Labpano says do NOT use the GPS module attached to the camera.

I am sure that Labpano will release a second generation - completely re-engineered Pilot One GPS module, but, as I wrote:

1. I would not use the Pilot One GPS unit on the roof of my car
2. I would not use the Pilot One GPS unit on a motorcycle (if I had one)
3. I will no longer use the Pilot One GPS unit attached to the Pilot One for hiking

Yes. The workaround is to use a USB-C cable between the Pilot One GPS module and the Pilot One camera.

And, I can not imagine that Labpano is shipping GPS modules until the next generation design.

As much as I was routing for the Labpano Pilot One - Transcript: Pilot One is a Contender for Real Estate Photographers - I would say pay more for the Pilot Era camera.

The workflow for Pilot One / Pilot Era is insanely great. It just works as expected and completely eliminates many post production steps of other cameras. I recommend studying the following chart. The workflow will save a ton of time and time is money.

For clarification, the Pilot One is better than "good enough" - unfortunately, if you want to do Google Street View with the Pilot One, you will need a Pilot One GPS module (and I simply can not imagine that Labpano will ship you one anytime in the near future.)

BTW, the livestreaming of the Pilot One is awesome. Again, just works as expected. That said, you'll want an external audio solution.

Reprinted in the WGAN Forum with Permission of WGAN Member Mike Lysov (@wingman) from his Facebook post.

Wireless microphone system that works with a Labpano Pilot Era

Best,

Dan

Screen Grab: Labpano Pilot Era
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?