Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseRealtors

Realtor.com and MP1207

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Tried a search on this and can't find. Does realtor.com pull in MP showcases from the MLS? What about Trulia and Zillow? Do they pull them in?

Or does a Realtor have to have their own paid plans with those companies to show the MP tours?

Just did a job for someone and they want to know why it isn't on Realtor.com and Zillow.
Post 1 IP   flag post
BestViewImaging private msg quote post Address this user
pixelray. Realtor.com is special and requires you to add them separately. We had to create a special form that allows us to upload them. You can contact them about it or send me a pm and I may be able to find a way to help you with it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Cabrahams private msg quote post Address this user
I just found out the other day from Realtor.com directly (though I can't believe it), that agents are supposedly supposed to contact them directly now to give them Tour links.

I can't believe it because having been an agent for 9 years and most recently a manager for Coldwell Banker for the past two years, I know for a fact that agents don't know this nor do they know their Realtor.com credentials.
Post 3 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
I spoke with Realtor.com on the phone twice recently and they informed me that there is no longer a way for a third party to upload virtual tours although there used to be. Hopefully they change it back.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
So it is possible. That's good to know. But do you know if the agent has to pay to have their own realtor.com page with them to get this done too???
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Joseph - I was typing as you submitted your comment. So your info is different. Yikes.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
I did just find this:

http://youtu.be/OqSprvLvKho

Looks like you can do it, but only if the agent pays to have their own page thus have a client login like the guy in the video was demonstrating. Now I don't know if that's outdated or not.

Post 7 IP   flag post
We worked with Realtor.com over the last 6 months to get connected to post our Matterport 3D tours to Realtor.com. You can see one of ours at http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/44-Rodgers-Rd_Carlisle_MA_01741_M37216-12886

We would be glad to post tour links for anyone who would like for $5 each. All we need is the link to your matterport tour and the full property address. Anyone who wants more information can email us at office@bestviewimaging.com
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Thank you
Post 9 IP   flag post
JRMaddox private msg quote post Address this user
Ok so the Realtor can do this? Not to sure why for the $5 charge if the realtor has access to this. Just wanting to know so I can let my clients know.
Post 10 IP   flag post
LuisBrilanti private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,
Is their a way to show any of the MP scans on any of the ipad apps.
Zilo,har,realtor etc
The hole idea is to have exposure and if the mobile apps are not supported is a big negative for agents (clients).
Ispoke to Matterpor team member and the reply was that is on the agents side to contact har to request acces of the virtual tour.
I contacted har and this is what they replied.
Thank you for your feedback. We are not blocking VT on the mobile side. Most devices do not support Virtual Tours because it’s flash base. You should upload your virtual tour into www.youtube.com and copy the link and add it to your listing on the member portal side, not tempo mls. All videos will work on the mobile side.

Danny Ho
Houston Association of Realtors®
Technology Department - Application Support
713-629-1900 ext. 276
Fax 713-335-4219
danny.ho@har.com | www.har.com
Hope someone can help.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
JR - I'm hoping Dan weighs in...I'm thinking that if a Realtor pays Realtor.com to have a page with them, they can do this. I'm thinking that if the Realtor does not, we may have to go through the 3rd party guy that posted here.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Let me see if I can explain a little better what I learned from realtor.com earlier this year and what the options are. And I apologize that this answer is long.

1. If the agents are registered users of Realtor.com they are able to upload virtual tours to their own listings free of charge.

2. We have been creating virtual tours of a variety of types of 6 years now and added Matterport tours about 1 year ago. Realtor.com used to have a way that tour providers could sign up and pay $25 for each tour that they posted to realtor.com. It use a rudimentary form but we used this to post to realtor.com for our clients for the last 4-5 years of our business.

1 year ago they discontinued support and no longer have their own upload system. When I contacted them about what to do (since my clients expect us to post their tours to Realtor.com) we were told there there was an API that we could use to build our own form that would automatically post the tours to realtor.com, the same as before.

It took my IT guy almost 6 months to work with this API and create a form that would allow us to upload all of our tours again to realtor.com and we have been using it successfully for the last 3-6 months.

The reason I offered to upload your tours for you but at a small fee is because we had to invest a significant amount of time and money to be able to have this ability. And I understand how important it is for our clients to have their Matterport tours as visible as possible. If you have someone with the skills to build an XML upload form you can contact Realtor.com and they can get you the API information to work with.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Thank you for that info. Really appreciated! Looks like I will be needing your service soon.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
info from one of the realtor.com industry relations guy I know and he checked into this:

In summary, we used to "host" virtual tours on our servers --meaning a virtual tour provider or members used to "upload" their tour file on our systems, and then those tours or HD videos could be played when consumers clicked the view-tour link.

For technical and security reasons, we no longer store these tour file on our servers but, rather, provide the opportunity for a member to place a link to their tour of HD video on their Listing Detail Page.

It's a big legal item. If realtor.com pulls from MLS and it is inappropriate, we could be libel, if a member is required to put in his listing through their realtor.com control panel, they are responsible. It used to be part of showcase, a purchase product, now they are free on all listings.

Once "clicked" the member's selected video will play directly from the source (these files are not stored/saved on the realtor.com servers).

Members can now reference any link (URL) to their video's, whether it is from YouTube or another source. The member accomplishes this simply by pasting the link into the realtor.com control panel. Again, then when potential buyer clicks on the tour link they are directed to the URL that is specified to view the video that has been created for the property.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Here's an example the Realtor.com rep gave me -- the link to the tour is under the photo to this listing:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/16765-Varco-Rd_Bend_OR_97703_M11398-50006

its a youtube video but a MP tour link would work as well
Post 16 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
That's great news that it's now free and no longer part of the showcase.

One thing that is concerning is that when opened on a mobile device I cant find the virtual tour link anywhere.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
i'm checking w/ the rep on mobile functionality as when I shrink the browser down to make it like mobile, the tour button link disappears
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
so, it appears we have the option to let the realtor know that if they are paying members on realtor.com, they can do it themselves for free.

And we have learned that BestViewImaging has a way to do it for everyone - even non members, but you have to pay them a small fee.

That's for realtor.com....what about trulia? zillow? anyone know about those?
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Oh, and another thing I tell my Realtor clients - I tell them to put "See the 3D tour here" in their MLS property info text and if their MLS allows specific words in the property description to be hyperlinked, to hyperlink the word "here" to the 3D tour. If they don't allow hyperlinked words, I still tell them to put "See a 3D tour at www.whatever.com" in their MLS text. This is the same text that does get pulled into Realtor.com in most cases if I'm not mistaken. Anyone?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
trulia, Zillow, homes.com, etc typically are IDX sites so they pull their info from the MLS every 15 minutes. so as long as the Realtor drops the link into the appropriate spot in their MLS listing, the link should pull thru to the webpage.

I do the same thing @pixelray telling the Realtors to put in ALL CAPS a shoutout to the virtual tour and the link. too many people still think they're getting a couple 360 pics or videos panning over pics. they paid for the service to help sell the home so if they don't point it out on the listing, kinda ridiculous!
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Yep! I just had a client tell me they could get the same thing with another company that doesn't even offer 3d - they offer the classic "virtual tour" that isn't very virtual at all. But I guess she thought it was the same thing. I can't believe virtual tours have been around for so many years now. Very glad a new very "virtual" option is available! Still a lot of educating to do tho
Post 22 IP   flag post
101429 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?