Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceProblems

Scan Glitch1202

niagrealtygroup private msg quote post Address this user
Curious if anyone has experienced a glitch which prevents the user from walking through a certain room despite the lack of markings in the area. I did a scan yesterday (below) and noticed that you cannot walkthrough the main floor walk-in closet. Any help would be appreciated.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
I do have the same issue with a scan last week. Floor plan mode shows 4 scans in garage but can't move in or out of garage. No markups near the doorway. I can fly into garage but can't get out.likewise can't go into garage from laundry room. Oddly enough I can't see the scan points of the garage when I am at the doorway.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@niagrealtygroup

Can you post the mini-map (scans on your iPad) that shows the area affected and tell us "which room"?

That will help identify the challenge (and if there is a solution without reshooting).

Also, did you open/close doors?

@THRHHI did you open/close doors as well?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod, Thanks for your reply. No doors or objects were moved. The scan we are referring to is #49 through #51.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
Will post map when I get back to my iPad. Yes on the doors.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@niagrealtygroup

Typically, I would imagine that a door opened/closed.

I see that is NOT the case with your challenge.

What I do see is the sunlight on top of the scan where you want to walk.

The Matterport Camera uses infrared to create a "mesh" of the space. Sunlight absorbs infrared. So, it's likely that the "mesh" is a mess and, if you are lucky, can be fixed by removing the confusing data. While I rarely delete scans – only deactivate scans – in this case, you need to delete, BUT ...

I would try three things, BUT first DUPLICATE the model THREE times on your iPad.

1. In one of the duplicates, delete only scan 49 and reprocess the model

2. In the second duplicate, delete only scan 50

3. In the third duplicate, delete only scan 51

Keep track of which model is which so you can report back please.

Matterport does NOT charge for re-processing the same scan.

The way to solve this challenge going forward is not to scan when there is sunlight on the camera. That's it. That solves it. If you can not put the blinds down, then scan that spot after the sun has moved. Better, use a compass to know where the sun is/will be and plan your shoot accordingly. (I use the compass on my iPhone.

You might ask Matterport Support to review this thread post to see if they have a different suggestion.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Dan

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@THRHHI When doors open and close, it can mess up the mesh. (See above) Similar solution (as above), if you have enough scans. Let us know how it works out ... Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, it looks like it is because you have a trim line on floor 1 that disects the closet on floor 2. Try removing any trim or window lines (above or below) that cut through that part of the property and it should work.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@josephthomp hmmmmm interesting.

I do not see a scan line going through the affected area. Can you draw a circle around the scan line you see?

I don't see a mini-map for floor 1: just floor 2.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
I replied not seeing all of the other replies (loaded earlier on my phone and didnt refresh). I was assuminf there was a line based on where there is a wall on floor 1.

I've had this problem twice before. Once it was a trim line cutting the area on another floor and the other time was because the scans came into an area from separate directions and never fully connected but that doesn't look as likely here.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@josephthomp

Okay, and yes, often a trim marker can cause the problem above. Even a trim marker on another floor can cause the problem (happened to me).

So, @niagrealtygroup and@THRHHI ...

... other challenges meshed up the mesh and the solutions noted above.

To summarize, three problems have been identified in this thread as messing with the mesh to cause the "I can not walk" problem:

1. camera scanning in the sun
2. doors opening and closing (changes in the space)
3. trim lines

Thanks,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
First, thanks to everyone for their replies.

@DanSmigrod - seems it was a small accent mirror in the foyer of the homes that wasn't marked. This mirror was on the other side of the walk-in closet so was causing the glitch.

This forum, however, continues to be a wealth of knowledge and I thank Dan and members for their support.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@niagrealtygroup

That's great news. Glad the challenge was identified and puzzle solved.

It's a good example about the importance of marking mirrors.

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
101429 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?