Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSV

How long to update Google Street View 'Blue Line'? And, this GSV question..12001

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I have two questions about GSV.

1. How long does it usually take GSV to update a blue line. The project was a short street in a complex that was done about 10 years ago. I just updated with Theta Z thru Panoskin, everything looked good prior to upload and now 2 weeks later I see nothing changed. Any ideas or follow up that i could try.

2. Has anyone used MP that mixes a Pro 2 model with exterior 360 panos thru the MP link and the exterior 360 link up with the Pro 2 interior tour on GSV?

Thanks again
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @ron0987

Re question 2.

If I understand the question you're asking if 3D interior and 2D exterior 360's are linked when Google publish the tour.

In my experience the answer is yes.

See the tour of The Boat Yard Restaurant in Dingle on Google

Here is the link to the Google tour:

clickable text

Oliver
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Gladsmuir perfect that I s exactly what I was talking about thank you.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987
Good luck!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
1. How long does it usually take GSV to update a blue line.

Not sure how long it takes for blue line these days. Before COVID-19 in december it took more than 15 days. However back then Google had problems with GSV.
I published Matterport tour to GSV yesterday. It has half or more connections working already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
2. Has anyone used MP that mixes a Pro 2 model with exterior 360 panos thru the MP link and the exterior 360 link up with the Pro 2 interior tour on GSV?

360s won't be published to GSV through Matterport. Only scans are published. You can download all 360 from Matterport, publish them and connect the tour with them. I do not know if panoskin can do that but it can be easily done in Pano2VR.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have forgotten one important detail if you do it in Pano2VR.

You cannot just download a few scans from GSV and link them with extra 360s. If you do it the downloaded scans will link with 360s but all of them will lose all existing links after you publish.

You will need to download the whole tour from GSV into Pano2VR, join required scans with 360s and re-publish the whole tour to GSV from Pano2VR.

It may not be the case with Panoskin though and it is better to check with them how to add extra panos to an existing GSV tour.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101729 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?