Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PricingPro2Real Estate

Matterport new pricing structure, over 100 scans?11987

WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I am a new Matterport user. I am using the Pro2 and my first model will have at least 200 scans in it. I am building a tour of my church and its adjacent community center. I scanned the main building this afternoon and am up to 160 scans.

I seem to be reading conflicting information of recent pricing structure changes. I purchased the Pro plan, paid the $700+ up front. I keep reading about “classic” plans and I’m not sure if those rules apply to me. So, once I go over 100 scans, will I be charged $58 and if so, will I be charged a one time fee, or monthly for as long as the model is active? If it’s a one time fee, I could almost find that acceptable, but if recurring, well, that sort of sucks.

BTW, I’ve contacted support at Matterport. They said to allow 3 or 4 days for them to get back! lol

Thanks!

Todd
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @toddwaddington,

As I'm one of the 'Classic' plan people I'll not add to your confusion but leave it to someone who is on the new plan to explain to you.

My comment relates to the fact that you seem to be about to add the Community Centre to the same tour as the Church.

We have done several churches / parish centre combinations.

As the church and the centre have separate Google Business listings, I suggest that you publish two separate tours.

You will then be able to post a 2D version of each tour to the relevant Google Business page.
The tours will show up in Google search and Google Maps.

You can also post still images to the Google Business listings, all of which helps with the SEO of the institutions.

There can be issues with Google listings, which I addressed in an enquiry from @noddy

WGAN Topic

Here are some sample tours:

Ennis Cathedral:

Ennis Parish Centre:

Portlaoise Church:

Portlaoise Parish Centre:

Good luck!

Oliver
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Gladsmuir Your sample showcases are great!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks @JuMP, that's very kind of you.

We do a lot of scans, a portion of which we hide in the final tour.

We do try to stay under the 200 mark.

They also show up well on the Google Street View 2D version.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Thanks @Gladsmuir. Nice work and very helpful. I didn’t see any scans inside the pews. I have taken scans down the aisles and also inside the pews. I could see a lot of missed data and was concerned about poor processing. Many of these issues will be resolved after my first couple of projects. Really hard to gauge looking at the 2D floor plan. I did use the every-5-feet formula and would get alerts when I didn’t.

May I ask approximately how many scans you did inside Ennis Catherdral? The church I shot is about 50-75% smaller but with large attached rooms and 2 full levels, so perhaps similar sq footage.

Your helpful suggestions should allow me to keep the larger portion under 200 scans with room to spare for a few outdoor 360s.

Many Thanks!
Todd
Post 5 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
The new plan doesn't charge for complexity/number of scans. The new plan is just all-inclusive. The only downside to paying yearly is that things get messy if you change plan sizes. Or at least that is what I think I read.

The old plans had all sorts of charges and much cheaper hosting.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hi @toddwaddington,
The scan stats are:
Downstairs 139
Upstairs 42
3x balconies, choir room etc.
I did not scan in the middle of the pews as the model was aligning fine.
A point to note is that this cathedral has a lot of detail in the main aisle.
There are some tiled areas on the floor, plus columns which give the camera good reference points.
Doing another similar sized but plainer church we had issues as the camera could not distinguish which pew was which.
Our solution was to put prayer books and sheets randomly at the end of some of the pews.
The difference was remarkable.
I’m attaching a screen grab.
Oliver

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Thank you, Gladsmuir. I was worried that I’d have issues with the church I just shot. But the building is much smaller with enough distinguishable features, I guess. I’m waiting for the processing to complete. Your scan count is very helpful.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Sorry, Oliver. thank you
Post 9 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
@Gladsmuir I may have to do that with a church I shot this morning. I had issues in the center of the church with alignment. Model turned out okay, but I strive to do better then okay.
Post 10 IP   flag post
No bother @toddwaddington, my given name is Oliver, but the company name is Gladsmuir!

@briangreul the occasional leaflet/book does not look out of place and is certainly better than using Matterport Markers for assisted alignment.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Here's where I am with it now. I see the camera reflection in a couple of windows and a shadow here or there, but I think it turned out pretty well for my first model.

Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@Gladsmuir

Beautiful examples.

How do you do the livestream in the MatterTag?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
@toddwaddington Not a shabby tour by any measure.

Wonderful as a first effort.

I now understand why you were doing a single tour for the church and adjoining spaces.

As it's your own community I think you can hold your head up.

Oliver
Post 14 IP   flag post
Hi @DanSmigrod

At present the links go to the website which requires another click to activate the live stream.

I need to look at the possibility of a single click accessing/activating the stream, as it does with YouTube content.

Oliver
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsmuir
I need to look at the possibility of a single click accessing/activating the stream, as it does with YouTube content.

Yes. That would be cool. See the livestream within the Church.

Please let us know what you figure out: especially with YouTube Livestream.

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
101422 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?