Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CortexMatterport WorkshopTrimming

Matterport Trimming does not provide an expected result11951

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

Yesterday I scanned a space with a bit of outdoor scans(360->3D) plus a lot of Cortex conversions inside as it was lit with the Sunlight. After it was done I trimmed it to remove most of outdoor area(mostly parking spots) to show only a bit of space in front of a building and in order to make the whole dollhouse view be . However after processing I can see that it has removed most of undesired areas but in one spot it seems to complete ignore my trimming lines.

Here is what it looks now https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=j4J6qVhVK2W

Everything on the left from the initial spot was trimmed but still there, everything behind the spot was trimmed but it is partially shown there. The trimming has been done around the whole outdoor and indoor area and it has never failed before on other tours. In this model though it just ignores it in that outdoor area only, the rest has been trimmed according to my tim lines.

I have moved timing lines a bit and I have three copies of this space processed already and nothing changed. All trimming directions have been checked and are correct.

I have not shown it to the client yet and I do not know if they like it or not, but I do not like it myself. I do not see any point to contact Matterport, I have been waiting already for their reply on another simple request from almost a week.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Found one problem with one scan point(the start one actually) sitting behind the trim lines.

I believe it should not happen as Matterport should not know in advance if I am going to use that point or it is going to be hidden in the workshop. In fact I have done that spot only to eliminate some big black void on the previous one. However I have decided to include it to make a start with most of the building visible. Anyway I have just put the trim line behind it, uploaded it again and I will see if it changes anything.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Would you please provide a screenshoot of your trim lines?
So that we can understand the issue clearly.

BTW does anyone notice the difference between current showcase effect to the older (better) showcase?
1. the white cirle around mouse point
Before: it will change pose smoothly and always a 3D circle;
But now: The circle changes its pose instantly and sometime part of the circle will be cut by 3D mesh.

2. the mode transfer from Dollhouse View (or Floorplan View) to 3D walkthrough
Before: the texture on the 3D mesh will be turn to panorama projection mode very smoothly;
But now: the transfer is very fast and make a sudden effect.

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Let me just wait & see what I will get with the last uploaded. It can be totally my fault because I have left one active scan in the area I have wanted to trim off. I cannot believe I did three uploads trying to fix it without seeing that spot in the area I wanted to go away.

It was a long day there, the space was 100 km from me. There was a lot of Sun when we came and no blinds nothing that could help me. So we postponed it for doing 3 hours later. Came back to do a job and found a lot of customers came there and I could not do anything until they left.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have it processed. It was my fault that I left a starting point in the trimmed off area. Next time I will just have a rest instead of rushing things.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
Be careful @Wingman I see you holding the iPad in one of the shots. Otherwise, well done!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Yeah, I noticed it. Bad thing that the only spot where I have no duplicates to replace it with. It was really hard with a lot of people in the space and I only had time to capture quick and move to another spot. Probably need to redo this spot but I will show it to the client first. They know they did bad, keeping their doors and gates open and letting people from a street to come in while they told me they would be nobody after specific time.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?