Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingObjectionsRealtors

Realtor states MP tour too complicated11895

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I had an interesting chat with a realtor that uses our services.

She wanted to know if I could do a video using a stabilized video camera. I told her at this point, it is not something we have added to our services. I ask her why she wouldn't want a virtual tour instead of a video. She has had three Matterport tours over the last two years.

Her response is that they are fine for millennials but older people find them too complicated. I pushed her a bit more and explained that basically, you open up the tour and just click wherever you want to go and you don't even have to click the white circles.

There are also help screens She was emphatic that older people have a hard time with it and they would prefer just to see a video of the house.

I know she understands how to work it herself so that's not the issue. She is a very successful realtor and with all the talk lately about virtual tours, I was surprised to hear it from her

What would you say to a realtor that says they are too complicated?
Post 1 IP   flag post
ChuckJ private msg quote post Address this user
Just offer her a video from the matterport tour. Do a video recording of your screen while the matterport is playing, this way she targets the millennials and the older people.
Post 2 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy I'd coordinate a Zoom meeting with her, or just don facemask and gloves and head to her office with your portable PC or iPad and walk her through it. Then, if her position doesn't change, I'd upsell her on a Mattervid, or just show her how the automated walk-through tour works.
Post 3 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
We have been in business for two decades and we have heard this from hundreds of clients over the years. It's very true that older buyers are not as keen on using virtual tours and do in fact prefer video. It really comes down to the value for the realtor, and if their clients don't use the virtual tours, they likely will never be convinced that it has value.

We have found that adding a "quick" walkthrough video using a mobile phone gimbal is a great upsell for Matterport on properties that might be more attractive to older buyers. It takes and extra 10-15 minutes and we can bill an extra $100-200 for the walkthrough.
Post 4 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@immersivespaces @photostetic The 3-axis gimbal for your cellphone is a good idea. You can buy a good one for between $90 and about $130 on Amazon. I added this plus an 18mm lens to my iPhone 8 (same one that Nodalview sells for about $85 w/case). Does a good job, but if you already have a nice DSLR w/wide-angle lens, maybe consider a bit nicer gimbal for it instead and one or two LED lights (needed for video).
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I have just ran into to an agent that was resistant to 3D tour and one builder, the builder is totally on board looking strictly at younger buyers. The agent said that he is going to the tours and is working with clients to show them tours so his clients can narrow down the homes they are interested in so they re not out going thru several homes. He did say that he meets with clients to go thru tours and basically navigates the tour for them. He says it does two things for him, he gets direct feedback on what they are looking for and he avoids the issue of them not knowing how to use the tour to its maximum ability. The only other thing would be using a shared screen feature and work with the clients directly. More work for agents but it also depends on changing the mind set of agents which I find to be hard.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy have they played a video game? for old agents it's like using a walker. There is a video out there that has them side by side where it shows the matterport stopping and going back and looking around where the video keeps going and the narrator shows that video forces you where they want to take you not where you want to go.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
They’re getting a slide show virtual your of the photo gallery. Stair step them into another slideshow with 360’s by using Zillow 3D. One day, they may graduate to Matterport.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
A great idea is to have the agent create a new welcome video for their business - welcoming everyone to the new real estate age, and in the video DEMONSTRATE how easy it is to navigate a virtual tour - SHOWING THEM HOW, with a call to action such as CALL ME NOW, and I'll walk you through the process. My mother is in her 70's and sells real estate. Too complicated? A video cannot sell like a VR tour, sorry Agents!
Post 9 IP   flag post
denlee private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't had that type of comment since I started adding &ts=1 to the URL to make the highlight reel auto play.
Post 10 IP   flag post
homefinders3d private msg quote post Address this user
I create a Matterport walk-thru off the highligts reel and then use icecream to make a video and give that to most of my clients. I am building my business right now and use most appointments to practice other thinkgs. If I have time I shoot a video walk through using my DSLR and a Zhiyun Crane 3 lab. I haven't quite got the Ninja walkd down lol.
Post 11 IP   flag post
ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
I encountered this issue. It is all about the autoplay.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Never thought is is going to be a problem.
I will test it on my mother, she is 80 and she has been using a PC only for the last 7 years.
Post 13 IP   flag post
jericreson private msg quote post Address this user
These issues will resolve themselves. I've been training agents for 30 years. Theres a reason real estate technology lags 5-7 years behind other sectors. Focus on the agents who get it. 80 year olds aren't driving the real estate market...There's plenty of agents who focus on the populations who do crave these tools, And the rest will get it, Or not.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101429 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?