Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Capture App

Matterport 360 snapping to floor plan issue?11852

MatterTag
Export-Import
Service
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
HomePlanNZ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi - quick question - I've just noticed this after moving to the new Capture app a couple of days ago, and raised it urgently with MP.

In all spaces uploaded since, the 360 View no longer 'snaps' to the edge of the floor plan, as it used to via a thin red line. We use this constantly to fine tune the position of the '360' icon. But since the upgrade - the line goes about 1-2m outside of the model, and the icon is therefore not visible.

We're having to use deep links in the meantime.

Of 5 new models checked since the upgrade - all of them have this issue.

Anyone else?

I haven't looked deeply but expect there's another post here somewhere about other issues. Our top ones:
- Scanned property #1, finished and started property #2 - first scan appeared back in property #1's project
- Black mist appearing in previously well-defined areas (but fine on upload)
- Duplicate scan imagery appearing e.g. curtain outline appearing twice side by side after a nearby scan (but fine on upload)
- App confused when you convert a 360 to a scan - says it's on scan then it does a 360, and vice versa. Recommend re-selecting what you want after every converted scan
- Scan re-align a good idea, but yet to get it to work well
- BLK connect issues still there - at times close/reopen app after every scan
- Any minor drop in Wifi to camera it defaults to connect to the iPad - solution is disallow the iPad as a camera to Matterport
- Loving it's a big public release and the iPhone integration still says "Beta"

Sorry for the grip - it's been a long couple of days!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
You can do snapping in the workshop. Just grab a 360 and bring it very close to any mesh. It should snap to something. Sometimes when you want to place them too far they just cannot find anything to anchor to and choose their own position of the go inside/outside icons.

It happened to me recently, when I made one 360 from a street so viewers can see two storey house in full size and I honestly placed it as far away from the property as it is in real life. It could not find where to anchor to being too away from the nearest mesh and all inside and outside icons were wrecked. I fixed by bringing it close to the nearest mesh(in my case it was a porch mesh), it anchored to it and I dropped it as far as an anchor line allowed me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MatterTag
Export-Import
Service
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
HomePlanNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman I understand, we do it all the time - but since the new app, snapping is not working in any uploaded model. We can’t connect a 360 to any part of the (visible) mesh.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
I did notice that as well @HomePlanNZ but I didn't really need it for my purposes. I'm hoping there will be a 4.0.1 release shortly to address a few of the bugs that you've noticed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101425 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?