Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Digital Twin of the WeekExample TourMatterport 3D Tour of the WeekTour of the WeekTV Set

Matterport Digital Twin of the Week: Good Cop Precinct (TV Show Set)11846

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Digital Twin by Spencer Lasky

Hi All,

Above is the Matterport Digital Twin of the Week by Brooklyn, NY-based WGAN Member @SpencerLasky with 360 is Slick and Lasky Films.

I this Matterport digital twin because it lets you "walk around" the soundstage of a TV show.

The dollhouse view is particularly interesting because it shows you "backstage" ....

Spencer Lasky provided me with this backstory:

This is a scan of a film set that was a show called “Good Cop”.

There are a number of departments that find these useful – sometimes we put the sets away for long hiatus and then reset in a few months – so the decorating department, dressers, construction, lighting, grips all can see how exactly the set was when we had it up last.

This means rigging points and specially designed pick points and lighting positions as well as fine detail for props are all meticulously recorded.

What allows me to shoot on these sets especially in NY or LA is I’m a 40-year guild member holding two cards for both gaffing and Director of photography.

That has been key to allow me to shoot VR and stills on these sets and during the course of shooting these I do run the electric crew and grips to get the lighting sorted out, and adjust balances of lights. While that is not too critical with the Matterport there are some adjustments I will do.

--

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Thanks for sharing. Great job.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
That is insane!! Super impressive 👏
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@rzphotoman @Garnetwest

Nice of @SpencerLasky to share this tour with the WGAN Community.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
thanks all, the only downside which actually is probably an upside for me and the wallet is I am still requested to shoot stills - the production designers want them for their portfolio books or digital books. The Matterport just does not seem to give us control of the contrast and saturation of the image. Although I do see the secondary market vendor offers this and I'm eager to try! In the meantime here's a couple of stills.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@SpencerLasky

Yes. MP/embed overlay for Matterport showcase player lets you control the contrast and saturation of a Matterport digital twin.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101438 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?