Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BatteriesHow ToInside Camera

How do you Open up the Matterport Camera?11830

aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all.

I have a battery-dead V1 camera so I want to try fixing it myself.
No point spending 400 to send it to MP and get another 600 bill for the battery (read in another post).

How does one access the screws to open up the camera when those screw locations look like they are sealed up (the circular indents around the back of the camera.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@aerialpixels

Wish it was better news on your dead Matterport battery.

While I would never recommend opening a Matterport cameras, WGAN Member @360Verbeelding opened the Matterport camera:

Looking inside the Matterport Camera.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan

Yup I read that post before and just reached out to 360Verbeelding too.
Post 3 IP   flag post
DaK private msg quote post Address this user
I have an old pro 1. I've had to take it apart many times on site actually, and I have a small dedicated tool set I use for it.

Just pop those little covers off and the screws are underneath. You will have 6 on the main case and 2 on the handle. then another 8 inside on the sides. You will need a variety of hex heads to get them all.

Be careful when you are fist opening the case. Open slowly as there are two cables you will have to detach. One is pretty straight forward where you just unplug it but the other is a thin cable attached to the circuit board. Be very careful when connecting/disconnecting that one as the pieces are small.

Good luck.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DaK Short of sounding like a dummy, how does one pop out those little covers? they seem pretty flushed / sunk into the holes.

thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
DaK private msg quote post Address this user
Use a small flat head screw driver Or similar to force an edge down or pry one up. Once you get them loose it’s pretty easy. They are just lightly glued in with some light weight sticky stuff. I have to take my camera apart often so I just threw them away along with the padding on the handle. My camera looks a little sad but has been working for about 4 years now. **knocks in wood**
Post 6 IP   flag post
@DaK Thanks for the advice!
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?