Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iPad ProMuseums

Ipad pro 2020 model.11749

Brooklyn, NY
Oboldyrev private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone. Just wanted to share some incites about ipad pro 2020 256gb model with matterport.
In a few words - the thing is a beast.
#1 - battery lasts as long as matterport camera does.
#2 - I was scanning 100,000Sf facility - commpleted in 3 models. Largest one was 847 scans, and could have kept going but matterpot's limit is 1000 scans and I didn't want to push it.
#3 - alignment process takes half the time if not less. Almost instant.
If you can afford a price tag of $829 + tax (depending on your state of residence) - highly recommended.

Cheers,

Oleg
Post 1 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
I have done more that 1000 scans and processed it

I'm going to get myself on of those on finance from Apple.

I set my last one on the roof of my car at a job and drove off! What a muppet, never got it back!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
Awesome. Thank you, it's good to know. I'll definitely keep going next time.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
1,000 scans!!?? Gesh...After 100 I'm ready to head home and take a nap! 😎
Post 4 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
@Garnetwest - for jobs like this gotta make sure to eat you weaties in the morning.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Oboldyrev

Thanks for sharing. Super-helpful - particularly for those with large Matterport jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @3dshowcaseuk
I set my last one on the roof of my car at a job and drove off! What a muppet, never got it back!

Urgh! Rfff!

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
My pleasure. That's why I wanted to share. I know the struggle with older ipads.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I cannot say the same about battery in my Ipad Pro 2020. It seems to be worse than in my Ipad 5th gen if I compare them in a brand new state. My Matterport Pro2 battery though can last at least 10 hours of scanning while it is about 3 years old.
Post 8 IP   flag post
CTownMedia private msg quote post Address this user
@Oboldyrev Just ordered one today! I've got another large job, 90k sq ft, next weekend and had issues with a large model a few weeks ago and couldn't make it past about 425 scans without the capture app crashing on an older ipad pro. Glad to hear your experience and I'm hoping this one works out better!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
It definitely will. As they say 'prepare to be amazed"
Post 10 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
@wingman something is wrong. My pro2 can't last 10 hours of continuous scanning. It can last 7-8 hours. I don't let it get below 10%. I didn't have to get the battery pack once while scanning 100k sf job. Tge iPad lasted as lobg as camera. One thing though I don't use it for anything else but scanning and it's a wifi only model,
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have never tried to do 10 hours of scanning but I did 8 hours recently. The camera had about 30% left and I am sure it would last another 2 hours. The Ipad and it was 5th gen was at about 10% after 6 hours so I had to use it with a power bank the rest two hours.

The new(pro 2020) one was charged 100% in the morning today when I unplugged it and left with the screen on. Nothing was done on it for 4 hours, all apps were closed but it went to 33% just because of the screen was on.

I remember when I got the 5th gen one brand new I watched Netflix on it for 5 hours and it went to 90%. I was never a fan of Apple products but I did appreciate them more because of the battery. It is not even close to that now with the battery on the Ipad 5th after 2 years but my Ipad Pro is definitely drain its battery much faster. It does not really come as a shock considering it has more calculation power packed in but I do believe it could be more better when it is doing nothing.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Does matterport workshop work in chrome or safari on the new ipad OS?

Thanks
Post 13 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
@wingman check your apps you may be running something in the background that drains power
Post 14 IP   flag post
johnwheatley private msg quote post Address this user
When is Matterport coming out with an android capture app!? This waiting is killing me.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
It has in betq right now
Post 16 IP   flag post
101421 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?