Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
EyeSpy360Replacing 360s

Eyespy360 - Replacing pics after publishing11741

simbany1 private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN member with Eyespy. Published a tour and paid the $15.80 plus change due to the bunch of pics I had over 20. I got the tour back with 2d/3d floor plans within 12-14 hours, which is awesome! I saw that a few pics needed to get touched up and I wanted to photoshop a picture and re-upload to the tour. It's telling me that I need to pay for the entire tour again though?

I'm sure it's an error but wanted to know if anyone else ran into this and how was it resolved?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I've had a different, but similar situation this past week.

Andrew, (I presume you're reading posts about EyeSpy360)
Can you let us all know:
1) Are you working on a system whereby panos in a tour can be re-uploaded to the walkthrough after publishing? As I see it, there is no need to re-render the dollhouse in this case, just replace the walkthrough pano - without having to change any of the links.
(tech note - NodalView has a simple and elegant way to do this. I've done it many times. It's also easy with 3DVista.)

2) I concur there is an issue with making changes on an EyeSpy360 tour when re-rendering. The Publish system asks you to re-pay for the entire tour project, not just for the changes made.

I'm presuming this will get worked out with EyeSpy as their team seems very responsive to user issues. I'm a fan.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JPPeron private msg quote post Address this user
I have replaced Panos in EyeSpy360 with no extra fees.
1) Use the blue upload button to upload the new pano.
2) Click on the one that it is being replaced and click the red Delete button.
3) Reconnect your links to that room using the red Link button.
DONE!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frederick
Support Team
London
EyeSpy360_Support private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @simbany1,

Many thanks for your post. We do have a limit of 3 photos that can be uploaded following a completed TaaS order. If more than 3 photos are re-uploaded then we consider this a new tour and there will be a new charge for the service. Unfortunately this is because we have had customers try and replace entire tours with new properties.

We recommend making any adjustments to your 360 photos before submitting your TaaS order. If you double click on your donut images after uploading them to our platform, you can view the quality inside 360 view. You can then determine whether the photo will need editing before making your TaaS order.

We are working on creating a feature where users will be able to change photos within already published tours, however this is not available yet. We will endeavour to update you when it is available.

Kind regards,

Frederick
EyeSpy360 Support Team
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks Frederick!

I understand that you're working on it and have this restriction in place bc people were creating whole new tours with new properties...smh. I was making adjustments to a few pictures and apparently reached my limit. The tour is setup with the one photoshopped picture I had to replace and I just need to publish it. I'd rather not have to pay for the entire tour again for the one replaced picture. Looking to get some help with that.

Just starting my business so I'm learning, but have a much better grasp of the workflow now after doing 3 tours now.

TIA
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frederick
Support Team
London
EyeSpy360_Support private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @simbany1,

Our technical team have resolved this for you.

Kind regards,

Frederick
EyeSpy360 Support Team
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
@EyeSpy360_Support - Hi Frederick

Thanks for your active responses on this thread. It's gratifying to all of us that you're there to field questions and better inform us.

There are two things I'm looking for from EyeSpy, so let me state them here as clearly as I'm able. An update from you is appreciated.

1) The simpler one, I think. Design a simple process for updating a pano that is already linked and has been previously published in a tour. I sometimes spot a flaw in a pano later (or worse, the client does!) and need to retouch something. I'm talking here about the same exact pano, just retouching a carpet stain or dead patch of grass. I want to have the ability to replace the current pano with the retouched identical one - WITHOUT having to reconnect links - just update the pano. This should be a user feature offered without cost to creators. FYI, I do not need any update to the dollhouse, just the pano seen in the walkthrough.

2) I may be the outlier, but I often create 360 tours which anything from 1/3 to 1/2 of the panos being exteriors of a home. In California, this is a norm as outdoor yards, pools, spas, sport courts, built-in BBQs and other exterior features are much of a home's appeal. These panos I want linked to the walkthrough tour seamlessly but completely excluded from the dollhouse construction.

To me this sensibly requires one of two approaches: (a) I upload all the photos, your team does its best to link them as a walkthrough, and your team takes only the interior panos to construct a dollhouse for the tour. Or... (b) I first upload only the interior panos and your team links them and builds the dollhouse view, THEN when the tour comes back, I add the exterior panos and link them accurately, which is something I have the benefit of knowing how to do since I was at the home.

This second approach, (b), seems more sensible to me as your team will have very little idea where the exterior panos belong. On some of my shoots, I can guarantee any exterior links your team attempts to make will be wrong, as sometimes these exterior locations are not even visible, but I still know where they are and can set a logical link.

On my most recent project, I followed this second approach. I sent in the interior panos, a nice tour with dollhouse came back. I then added the exterior panos and linked them. I need to republish so that they are all part of the tour, but I can't republish without paying again for the entire tour, even the interior pano links and dollhouse which is fully finished!

My view is follow this "b" procedure I should be able to add and self-link exterior panos and republish the tour without charge. But even if EyeSpy insists that I am charged for manually adding and self-linking the exterior panos, I certainly shouldn't be re-charged for those which I've already paid for.

Here are screenshots that demonstrate the issue. First is from the Details window which shows that the tour has been built by your team. You can see the dollhouse image floating in lower left.

Next, here is the donut view where you can see I have added a number of exterior panos and linked them. I had deleted a few from the initial set so three of the exteriors have been "processed" into the tour. However many of them still do not show up.

Lastly, if I "publish" this complete tour so that the extra external panos can become part of the tour, I am presented with this screen requiring that I pay for the entire tour again, even though I am adding, I think, just seven addn'l panos. I don't want to change any of the work already done. I don't want the dollhouse to be rebuilt, as it's fine and complete. I don't want your team to start from scratch re-linking and rebuilding all of this. I just want the addn'l seven panos to be added as walkthrough hotspot transitions. Here is my only option, which doesn't make sense, asking me to pay for the entire thing all over again:

Thanks for looking into this. I look forward to hearing back.
Post 8 IP   flag post
You hear anything back?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@simbany1

Can you restate your question and whom you are directing your question?

ideally, please use the Quotes feature - the three dots - to include your question/info in your follow-up post.

Clear as mud?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@simbany1

Can you restate your question and whom you are directing your question?

ideally, please use the Quotes feature - the three dots - to include your question/info in your follow-up post.

Clear as mud?

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks Dan! I was asking @Home3d and was going to use the reply function, but the post was so long. I'll use an @ next time...
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@EyeSpy360_Support

Can you give us an update about @Home3D.

simbany1 - in particular - is trying to make some decisions about @EyeSpy360 based on your reply.

Thanks,

Dan

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Home3D
@EyeSpy360_Support - Hi Frederick

Thanks for your active responses on this thread. It's gratifying to all of us that you're there to field questions and better inform us.

There are two things I'm looking for from EyeSpy, so let me state them here as clearly as I'm able. An update from you is appreciated.

1) The simpler one, I think. Design a simple process for updating a pano that is already linked and has been previously published in a tour. I sometimes spot a flaw in a pano later (or worse, the client does!) and need to retouch something. I'm talking here about the same exact pano, just retouching a carpet stain or dead patch of grass. I want to have the ability to replace the current pano with the retouched identical one - WITHOUT having to reconnect links - just update the pano. This should be a user feature offered without cost to creators. FYI, I do not need any update to the dollhouse, just the pano seen in the walkthrough.

2) I may be the outlier, but I often create 360 tours which anything from 1/3 to 1/2 of the panos being exteriors of a home. In California, this is a norm as outdoor yards, pools, spas, sport courts, built-in BBQs and other exterior features are much of a home's appeal. These panos I want linked to the walkthrough tour seamlessly but completely excluded from the dollhouse construction.

To me this sensibly requires one of two approaches: (a) I upload all the photos, your team does its best to link them as a walkthrough, and your team takes only the interior panos to construct a dollhouse for the tour. Or... (b) I first upload only the interior panos and your team links them and builds the dollhouse view, THEN when the tour comes back, I add the exterior panos and link them accurately, which is something I have the benefit of knowing how to do since I was at the home.

This second approach, (b), seems more sensible to me as your team will have very little idea where the exterior panos belong. On some of my shoots, I can guarantee any exterior links your team attempts to make will be wrong, as sometimes these exterior locations are not even visible, but I still know where they are and can set a logical link.

On my most recent project, I followed this second approach. I sent in the interior panos, a nice tour with dollhouse came back. I then added the exterior panos and linked them. I need to republish so that they are all part of the tour, but I can't republish without paying again for the entire tour, even the interior pano links and dollhouse which is fully finished!

My view is follow this "b" procedure I should be able to add and self-link exterior panos and republish the tour without charge. But even if EyeSpy insists that I am charged for manually adding and self-linking the exterior panos, I certainly shouldn't be re-charged for those which I've already paid for.

Here are screenshots that demonstrate the issue. First is from the Details window which shows that the tour has been built by your team. You can see the dollhouse image floating in lower left.

Next, here is the donut view where you can see I have added a number of exterior panos and linked them. I had deleted a few from the initial set so three of the exteriors have been "processed" into the tour. However many of them still do not show up.

Lastly, if I "publish" this complete tour so that the extra external panos can become part of the tour, I am presented with this screen requiring that I pay for the entire tour again, even though I am adding, I think, just seven addn'l panos. I don't want to change any of the work already done. I don't want the dollhouse to be rebuilt, as it's fine and complete. I don't want your team to start from scratch re-linking and rebuilding all of this. I just want the addn'l seven panos to be added as walkthrough hotspot transitions. Here is my only option, which doesn't make sense, asking me to pay for the entire thing all over again:

Thanks for looking into this. I look forward to hearing back.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I too take a lot of exterior shots and have wondered if I should just wait until after the main house is done and then add them in later since they are not going to be part of the dollhouse or floor plan.

Also is I take a listing in January and create a tour, I may very well want to reshoot the who house again if I still have listed in April.
I don't see why Eyespy would think people would replace one house with another house to save a few bucks when the dollhouse & floorplan would be completely wrong.
Post 13 IP   flag post
EyeSpy360
Support Team
London
ella_EyeSpy360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @JPPeron

I have passed your feedback on to the team at EyeSpy360.

I do know that there is something in the pipeline, which will mean you can change photos/scenes for a very small fee.

Unfortunately, it is true that people have tried to replace a whole house with another, even though the dollhouse and floorplan are completely wrong...they then try to change back to the previous house when they realise the dollhouse and floorplan are wrong!

This has actually happened on numerous occasions, so it is a time-saver more than anything.

I hope this helps clears things up a little.

Best,
Ella
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
@ella_EyeSpy360 - I thought RE agents were cheap, not wanting to pay RE photographers much for their hard work. But this, Ella, is cheaper than cheap! Shame on those tour creators trying to save a few bucks (or Euros) by swapping out panos. This on amazes me!

But I still do think EyeSpy360 needs a no-charge method for simply replacing a pano with a cleaned-up version of itself in a tour. I talking of the SAME PANO after cleaning up a carpet stain or patch of dead grass. And it needs to be doable without having to reset links.

Hmmm... Maybe that’s the trick! (suggest to your team) Panos can be replaced but links not changed? This would only work on tours where the pano view positions have not changed, which is what we’re talking about here. Your thoughts, Ella?
Post 15 IP   flag post
EyeSpy360
Support Team
London
ella_EyeSpy360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D - Thank you for this.

I completely understand what you're saying and agree that the same pano should be able to be replaced for aesthetic purposes. I will pass your feedback on to the EyeSpy360 Team and see if your suggestion is doable in practice.

I personally am not familiar with the various codes which could make this possible but I will certainly let you know.

Thanks and best wishes,

Ella
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ella_EyeSpy360
@Home3D - Thank you for this.

I completely understand what you're saying and agree that the same pano should be able to be replaced for aesthetic purposes. I will pass your feedback on to the EyeSpy360 Team and see if your suggestion is doable in practice.

I personally am not familiar with the various codes which could make this possible but I will certainly let you know.

Thanks and best wishes,

Ella

Thank you Ella! Hope they have an easy fix for this.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@ella_EyeSpy360
"Unfortunately, it is true that people have tried to replace a whole house with another, even though the dollhouse and floorplan are completely wrong...they then try to change back to the previous house when they realize the dollhouse and floorplan are wrong!

This has actually happened on numerous occasions, so it is a time-saver more than anything."

Then I would say that the issue takes care of itself and no need for the restrictions. Let those few spend their time replacing all the photos only to find out that then dollhouse and floor plans don't match and them have them spend their time replacing them all back again. they will learn their lesson after one attempt. and the rest of us that have legitimate reasons for replacing the pictures after creating the tour doesn't get punished by being charged extra when we are the ones doing the extra work.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Pau private msg quote post Address this user
Hello @ella_EyeSpy360 @Home3D

Any news regarding the replacement of panoramas?

Cheers,
Post 19 IP   flag post
101428 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?