Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceArchitectureNewbies

Advice for an architect that is starting a side hustle offering 3D/360?11644

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Advice for an architect that is starting a side hustle offering 3D/360?

Backstory below.

Dan

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @mcaorlin
Hello all,

I'm Marco, an Architect based in London (UK). I'm planning to start soon a side business on virtual tours and GMB optimization.
I'm currently digesting a ton of new info about 360 world, workflows, digital marketing strategy, Google optimizations, etc...

I'm drafting a quick business plan to clear my mind where I want to place myself into the market, targeting the right niches and how to reach the first customers before investing money into the equipment. The idea is to have a couple of customers buying my services even before ordering the equipment.

In term of equipment, I'm planning to invest into A Theta Z1. Matterport looks amazing and very simple to use but I don't like the idea of not owning the data and not being able to adjust the photos/tour by myself, plus it' pretty expensive. Cupix seems capable of similar quality with better data ownership, I think I'll give it a go soon. I really like the possibility to take dims, export in .obj, etc. (that's probably due to my architectural background, I need to check if it's something sellable).

Thanks for the valuable content you are adding into this forum, will be a grate base for me to start.

Marco
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
A Matterport Pro1 or Pro2 would add the Matterpak to the 3D Tour.

With the Matterpak Marco could additionally offer AEC scans, reverse engineering and virtual staging, which are interesting business areas, especially if you are an architect with 3D skills.

Even though you do not have access to the source material, a MP Pro2 scan creates 142 Megapixel Panos, which is much better image quality than extracts from 8K Theta panoramas. I often do a bulk download of all accessible Matterport 4k Panos with MP Embed and upscale those MP Panos to 8k with Topaz Gigapixel software. That way I have more material in my hands than with a 8k Theta.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tripp private msg quote post Address this user
I am also looking at providing architectural 3D for the construction and architectural world and I came to the same conclusion as Marco that not having control and ownership of the content is a no go, though I would also like to hear from others their pros and cons to using Matterport vs.Theta?

Thank you,

Tripp
Post 3 IP   flag post
101436 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?