Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
North Myrtle Beach, SC
cswartz private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a scan of a beautiful beach house I finished yesterday for the owner who is trying to persuade the Rental Agency to adopt the scans to promote properties.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=xX28eR2G9sa

So far, not having much luck, but we are working together on it. This is also the first time I tried outdoor scans. It was overcast and seemed pretty perfect so I took advantage of being able to walk out one door to the deck and reentering through a different door.

I would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and criticisms.

Thanks,
Chuck
Post 1 IP   flag post
JCHAFE private msg quote post Address this user
Nice Job! My first scan a month or two ago was a big spot as well. I think 5200 sq/ft and four floors. This was mine.

clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
North Myrtle Beach, SC
What a cool place! Awesome job! Did you delete some scans before processing? Like on the stairs or anything?
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I did 7 just like that for a marketing company in Gulf Shores, AL trying to accomplish the same thing. As for your model, that's about as good as MP will do for that sort of lighting condition. This time of year, the low sun slams into south-facing beach front houses on the Gulf all day long, so there were glare issues which MP handles moderately well, all things considered. Don't see anything I would have done differently except there are sure a lot of scans on the landing going upstairs.
Post 4 IP   flag post
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Thank you for your response. I had trouble with alignment on those stairs. I wasn't sure if could delete some and reprocess.
Post 5 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Just turn a couple off in Workshop. No need to reprocess.
Post 6 IP   flag post
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Thanks
Post 7 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Great Job, It was so good I wanted to take the walking bridge out to the beach. It looks great you may need to do that many scans to get the capture app to work but like HarlanHambright pointed out you might turn a few off in an attempt to make your walk thru a little smoother as you move thru. But again you captured it in a fashion that you are trying to walk thru.

Ron
Post 8 IP   flag post
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Appreciate it!
Post 9 IP   flag post
North Myrtle Beach, SC
So I suppose I can just turn scans off and on and see how it flows. I did not know I could do that. It's only my fourth scan and I really appreciate the responses and pointers from everyone.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful! How many scans was that?

The only critique I would have would be to trim so the neighbors place doesn't show up in Dollhouse View Unless that messes up some of the outside work.
Post 11 IP   flag post
North Myrtle Beach, SC
I think it was 143 scans. I will try to reprocess with the trim you suggested and see what happens. Thanks, Chuck
Post 12 IP   flag post
JCHAFE private msg quote post Address this user
@cswartz I never deleted any scans on that one, wasn't sure how to at the time...lol

I think it was 99 or 100 scans in total!
Post 13 IP   flag post
101641 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?