Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
APIHomePlanMatterportMuseumsPPVSDK

Matterport SDK/API Developers: Have you got approval?11562

MatterTag
Export-Import
Service
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
HomePlanNZ private msg quote post Address this user
Interested to hear from other Matterport SDK/API developers regarding the published terms of use. This follows HomePlan NZ receiving formal, written approval for its developments including Pay-Per-View 3D Tours and Tag Import; and advance approval for Open Archive (coming soon - more on that later!).

We recently were asked if our PPV 3D Tour service (now in beta) was supported by Matterport. Apparently there's been occasions where other developments have been launched by others then after good uptake, shut down by Matterport.

My immediate response was along the lines of 'I believe so as it's been discussed at length with them - but Matterport will be Matterport'. That didn't comfort them or me much so I challenged myself - how do I ensure my SDK/API developments are in accordance with the terms of use?

The SDK/API terms of use contain some explicit clauses giving Matterport the right to review and approve "implementations of the Matterport Cloud Content on their Developer Application". There are also clauses regarding fees (watch out for that...) and limiting API use. These terms do not give a process by which to gain approval.

In addition, the general Matterport terms of use prohibit things like 'republishing, modifying, using to create derivative works from' the "Matterport Viewer" - aka the showcase app we all use to see Matteport models. This could be read as being in conflict with what the SDK is for. And these terms DO give a process by which to achieve this.

So what to do? Ask, of course, in direct reference to the terms of use. And we did. We wrote an email specifically referencing the terms, pointing to and describing our current and upcoming SDK/API developments, and asked for approval. We submitted this both to the general terms of use email info@matterport.com, and in parallel, to our account management and development team contacts (who I can't disclose of on a public forum but are sufficiently senior).

And we got it. We have formal, written approval from Matterport in accordance with their terms of use, for the SDK/API developments sitting under HomePlan's global service offerings.

I ask not to be cheeky, but to help you mitigate risk to your business I ask....have you? If not - my suggestion is email your development contact and ask for it, specifically referencing the approval clauses.

Matterport will still be Matterport, but having this can only help you going forward.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
Just sent my mail Scott.

Thanks for the heads up!!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
101602 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?