Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PFREPhotography for Real Estate

Photography for Real Estate: 360/3D: Fad or Future?11533

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Photography for Real Estate (15 April 2020) 360/3D: Fad or Future?

Hi All,

This is a "must read" Photography for Real Estate post.

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting article, and the reader comments offer a wide variety of perspectives.
Post 2 IP   flag post
CuttingEdge private msg quote post Address this user
I would say it is the way of the future. The real estate industry and listings will have to keep pace with technology advances - just like HDR. Your first impression is the photography (I get that) but after a few pictures you need something to keep you engaged in a property. Once I see the pictures than what? Last thing I want to do is flip through 40 pictures and not have a feel for the layout. Video is great but does it tell the whole story? Maybe if it is done correctly. We are in a story telling business and what better way to tell a story than with a Customer Immersion Experience like a 3D tour. I want to give my realtors the full experience (photos, aerial, 3D Tour/ or Video) to be able to win as many listings as possible.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Garnetwest
@CuttingEdge

My following comment to PFRE was declined.

Dan

---

As the founder of a community of 27,000 3D/360 virtual tour service providers in 135 countries - and long-time fan of Photography for Real Estate – I have noticed the PFRE story arc on 3D/360 has gone from total skepticism to oh my gosh, the COVID-19 pandemic has caused real estate agents to ask for / demand 24/7 Open House Virtual Tours.

Even if you decide to pull the trigger on buying a 3D or 360 camera, it may be helpful to know that your camera of choice may be as hard to find as a 30 pack of Charmin Ultra Soft. For example, you may be hard pressed to find a new RICOH Theta Z1. And, Matterport has a two week backlog in the United States and longer in Europe and Asia (as of 15 April 2020).

Real estate agents will likely always want/afford photos and video before considering a virtual tour. That said, it’s likely – during the pandemic – some of your real estate agent clients are desperate for a virtual tour and you may still be hesitant to put your toe in the water.

Before investing in the gear and time that it takes to get up to speed – because you still believe 3D/360 is a fad – you might consider partnering with a Matterport Service Provider that does not shoot photos or video. You will know when the number of referrals that you make to a Service Provider justify the investment.

You can find a Matterport Service Provider using the locator map in our Community (www.WGANForum.com). If you are ready to Add On virtual tours, here are three suggestions:

1) pick the 3D/360 platform first. If your clients are asking for Zillow 3D Home, iGuide or Matterport, that’s an easier decision than researching the 130+ 3D/360 virtual tour hosting software/platforms;
2) then pick the camera. The platform that you choose may narrow down the camera options from the more than 50 3D/360 cameras; and
3) look for a camera that has an API as a feature because hosting platforms such as Zillow 3D Home, RICOH Tours and Matterport use the API to make the workflow easier, faster and seamless.

In her post, Tracy asks the question, “... should we just wait out until things get back to normal?” And, concludes with, “My take on this is that 360 is here to stay.”

As a result of the pandemic, some real estate agents that we all thought would never in a million years embrace new technology – have! And, enough real estate agents and brokers will continue to seek 24/7 Open House Virtual Tours for professional real estate photographers to justify offering this Add On.

The train is leaving the station. Will you be on it?

Here are some additional resources to help you with your research:

List of 130+ 3D/360 virtual tour hosting software/platforms
List of 50+ 3D/360 cameras
Find a 3D/360 24/7 Virtual Tour Service Providers

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps because of the hyperlinks??
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnetwest

Good point.

I will try posting again without the links.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Garnetwest

Thanks! It just posted successfully.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?