Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,031 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
EyeSpy360QoocamRicoh Theta VRicoh Theta Z1Versus

Anyone Used the Qoocam 8k for Tours?11529

homefinders3d private msg quote post Address this user
I want to offer Eyespy360 tours. I no longer have a 360 camera and so I need to buy one. I can't find a Theta Z1 anywhere. I thought about picking up a Theta V, S or SC just to get started as EyeSpy360's blog indicates that there's not a lot of difference between these 3 - with the idea of selling it later. I have clients asking me for a Matterport alternative and I think I could really market the EyeSpyLive feature. I can also get the Qoocam 8k for under $600. Ben Claremont is recommending the Qoocam 8k over the Z1 now. I understand it has some Beta issues. Real Estate is an Essential Service here and I would like to expose some of the agents I know to virtual tours vice slide shows.

Thanks
Bill
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@homefinders3d

While I may be off topic, this WGAN Forum discussion may be helpful about deciding which 360 camera to buy:

Are you a 3D/360º Camera Manufacturer? The Must Have Killer Feature is ...

Plus, I have not addressed the challenge of availability of the Ricoh Theta Z1:

Where can I get a Ricoh Theta Z1? Seems sold out everywhere.

Does any of the above help?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
I've read the spreadsheet on the cameras and the post on the the lack of availability. I would like to hear from someone that has hands on experience with the Qoocam. I had an Insta360 One X and had a lot of fun with it. There are very few 360 cameras that are currently available due to where they are manufactured. Waiting three or four weeks for a camera would result in a lot of potential lost business.

Thanks
Bill
Post 3 IP   flag post
NN2020 private msg quote post Address this user
I am an advanced imager and have just bought the Qoocam 8k. I have faced a massive amount of issues designing a HDR workflow and I'm still not entirely happy, over a week after getting it. If you arent an advanced photographer you will have to stick to auto-exposure modes (with their attendant limitations)
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Can you show an example of Qoocam 8k HDR? You may want more than any one click camera can deliver in this area. It is the same with mirrorless or DSLR camera when you use their AutoHDR feature. They will never produce great shots with AutoHDR vs using the same cameras in AEB mode.

I was looking for a sony alpha model that comes with AutoHDR because it should save me time on doing AEB shoots and combining them later. Found and bought Sony a6000 at the end. However after using its AutoHDR I realised it is very limited in its dynamic range. It is kind of HDR but not even close as good as you can expect from AEB shoots done on the same camera. The difference is just huge.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Why don't you want to get Pilot One instead? I know it costs more and it is a new model but at least its known for its parent Pilot Era and it is a great camera. And if Labpano Pilot Tours start working you may get a solution for building tours in an easy way. Also I believe you can still use it with EyeSpy360. It is not a resolution of Matterport Pro2 but it is over 32MP and it is quite good.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I think he is mistaken about Qoocam 8K. Qoocam 8K panos are about 30MP in resolution not 20MP as it is shown at the beginning of his video.
https://www.kandaovr.com/qoocam-8k/
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: QooCam 8K vs Insta360 ONE R! | Video courtesy of AuthenTech - Ben Schmanke YouTube Channel | 4 June 2020

@homefinders3d

I thought you might find this video review helpful/interesting ...

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
I've watched several videos on the Qoocam 8k with polar opposite findings lol. Mine should be here in the next hour. I will send it back if the images are not sharp. Kind of wish I kept my Insta360 One X.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101421 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?