Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceScanningTips

Scanning with multiple floors (no stairs)11521

Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Need a strategy to scan a venue /building with multiple floors. The only way to access each floor is via elevator vs using a stairwell. I'm thinking of creating a separate model for each floor and link each floor via a Mattertag? Any suggestions? BTW, I'm using a Pro2 model.
Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
If you can still scan steps to get all of them joined into one model you do not need to send viewers walking steps. You can create Matter Tags with deep links as buttons for an elevator and viewers can use them to jump to any floor they want.

See it here https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=m5btEWiBAm6&sr=-.86,1.53&ss=15

You can also do it the same with multiple 3D tours(one for each floor) if creating a few tours instead of one is not an issue for your customer.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Great advice! So I'm understanding go ahead and scan the steps to create one large model but don't show them... (hide scans.
I have to figure out how to create "deep links" ...
Thanks again!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport really needs to introduce a feature that allows you to jump floors with scanning stairs. They are the slowest part of the scan and most dangerous.
Post 4 IP   flag post
3Din360 private msg quote post Address this user
@wonderdawg
https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013841807-Deep-Link-to-a-Specific-Location
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderdawg
Great advice! So I'm understanding go ahead and scan the steps to create one large model but don't show them... (hide scans.
I have to figure out how to create "deep links" ...
Thanks again!

You can leave scans on steps in case somebody wants to walk them so elevator buttons will be just for those who do not want to go through steps. A deep link can be accessed if you press the "U" key on your keyboard. You will need to be in your tour opened in an internet browser, find the spot you want to create a deep link for and then press "U".
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?