Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor Plan ViewFloor PlansRoomSketcher

RoomSketcher: Fast/Flexible Floor Plans1147

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Promoted Post

---

The following is an excerpt from a guest We Get Around Blog Post Tuesday (5 January 2016) by MUG Forum Member @PetraSoderling with RoomSketcher.

I gave her one of our Matterport 3D Showcase examples so you could include an example of:

✓ deliverables (2D and 3D floor plans – with measurements – and virtual staging)
✓ how much it costs with an annual Pro Small subscription to either:

1. draw it yourself: $14.40
2. have it professional done for you: $28

----

RoomSketcher: Fast and Flexible Floor Plans from Matterport Scans

Are you exploring ideas to increase business among residential real estate agents and ways to differentiate your services from other Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers?

Add 2D and 3D floor plans – and virtual staging – to your services.

RoomSketcher is an easy-to-use online floor plan and home design software – used by more than 1 million users – for creating professional:

✓ 2D and 3D Floor Plans
✓ home designs
✓ Live 3D walkthroughs (example)
✓ 3D Photos

You can either:

Draw It Yourself (DIY)
– create the floor plans yourself, or
Get Help Fast (Ready-Made) – order through RoomSketcher Floor Plan Services (and have delivered to you the next business day)

Continued Here

2D Floor Plan with Measurements

3D Floor Plan with Virtual Furniture and Furnishings

Virtual Staging Example

Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
I´ve been using Roomsketcher on an industrial production scale for years, it´s a great system for online floorplan production and getting multiple outputs out of one digitizing process.

One small caveat is that there is no support for circular walls.

Still the best online floorplan system out there though. 10/10 recommended.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you so much for your kind feedback, this made my day
Post 3 IP   flag post
ContextImaging private msg quote post Address this user
Why is this a better solution than Visio, which is $15 monthly for as many floor plans I need? I need to be sold. Visio is what I use currently.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
@ContextImaging I guess it depends on alot on the circumstances around your setup. Not sure if you´re an estate agent or if you offer services to estate agents ? Anyway, I´d say the main advantage with roomsketcher is that you redraw the floorplan based on a blueprint, after that you can furnish it with a HUGE library of furniture and then pull out 2D floorplans, 3D floorplans (of a quality somewhere between basic and 3Dsmax rendered, still very good looking), an interactive online furnishing tool which has a lot of value for the buyer as well, a 3D walkthrough solution (probably not the coolest thing to talk about on the matterport forum hah), and quite decent CGI photos. Let´s say you´ve got a crappy fixer upper but the agent isn´t willing to opt in for full blown CGI, this can provide marketing material at a fraction of the cost.

If you´re just doing standard BW floorplans, then there are cheaper solutions. I´d say this is still a great way to increase your product offering though.
Post 5 IP   flag post
tlyons private msg quote post Address this user
Could you take the 3D model and move it to unity or unreal engine? Turn it into VR?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
Hi tlyons, this is a design software that produces image files (.jpg and .png). The letterhead examples are in .pdf. The 3D model is only viewed in browser via a link, you cannot download the interactive, live 3D model. So unfortunately no, we cannot support what you ask.
Post 7 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
@tlyons
australian spacescan can convert your 3D into unreal and do amazing things.
Post 8 IP   flag post
tlyons private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to you both (@andreabortolot and @pedrasoderling) I appreciate the quick response. We're really trying to figure out the whole VR stuff as it' coming along before we move to the Matterport. So we keep asking when stuff comes up.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
Hey all, good news: Curved wall is on RoomSketcher's R&D roadmap so it should be coming soon.

Also we launched a new website this week with improved pricing structure, more examples in the gallery, etc.
http://www.roomsketcher.com/pricing/
http://www.roomsketcher.com/floor-plans/
Cheers,
Petra
Post 10 IP   flag post
gofastpro private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @PetraSoderling, can roomsketcher use a Matterport link instead of uploaded blueprints for the floor plan?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
Hi, unfortunately right now you'll need to upload the blueprints when you order. Blueprint is the Matterport floor plan view showing at least 4 measurements done in Workshop view. I'm working on an alternative solution and will post on this thread once I have an update.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
Hello everyone,

Starting today [1 February 2016] I've become a Value Added Reseller of RoomSketcher's floor plans. My new website is at www.blue-sketch.com email sales@blue-sketch.com

You will receive the same high quality 2D and 3D floor plans drawn with RoomSketcher software, but with simplified pricing:

2D floor plans, USD 29.95 per apartment/house
3D floor plans, USD 79.95 per apartment/house.

No need to sign up for monthly/annual licenses, nor need to buy credits. See details on www.blue-sketch.com

Warm regards from sunny New Orleans,

Petra
(917) 291 2533
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@PetraSoderling

Great! We added Blue-Sketch.com to the Matterport 3rd Party Solutions Directory

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
andersonl private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations Petra!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Cutrer private msg quote post Address this user
Really great service. Quick, good communication, and quality floor plans. I plan on using Petra for any future floor plan needs.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101432 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?