Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
EyeSpy360Ricoh Theta Z1

RICOH Theta Z1 and EyeSpy36011468

realeshots private msg quote post Address this user
So, I got my Z1 and it appears the Z1 photos are not stitched when I export or import into LR or EyeSpy. Do I have to stitch EVERY photo or is there something I am missing?

Also, can I bulk stitch?
Post 1 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@realeshots I can't answer regarding LR, but haven't experienced this issue with EyeSpy360 yet. When done shooting, are you uploading stitched, or unstitched images to EyeSpy360? If all you are provided by the camera are un-stitched images, I'd start with Ricoh support first.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhscott
@realeshots I can't answer regarding LR, but haven't experienced this issue with EyeSpy360 yet. When done shooting, are you uploading stitched, or unstitched images to EyeSpy360? If all you are provided by the camera are un-stitched images, I'd start with Ricoh support first.

I am importing to LR to make my adjustments, but straight out of the camera, they look like two fisheyes, not flattened, panoramas.
Post 3 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
Understood. If straight out of the camera, I would suspect settings, or could be the camera is defective. Either way, I'd open a ticket with Ricoh support.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhscott
Understood. If straight out of the camera, I would suspect settings, or could be the camera is defective. Either way, I'd open a ticket with Ricoh support.

On the phone with them now. I have to use the Theta file transfer app to import the photos to my Macbook and not my Capture app on my Mac. All good now!

Edit: not all good. LR converts all of my pics back to the fisheye view.

Anyone can help?
Post 5 IP   flag post
england921 private msg quote post Address this user
If you want stitched images directly from the Ricoh Theta Z1 you have to shoot in auto mode only. Ricoh will automatically stitch the auto mode photos and you can import into lightroom as stitched jpgs.

It is when you shoot in raw and jpg mode, lightroom will import the DNG files and then you need to edit and export into the Ricoh Theta app to stitch and create panorama jpgs.

My workflow.
Shoot in manual - 3 bracketed images.
Import all images into Lightroom (all files are DNG (raw) files).
In lightroom, photo merge to HDR.
Edit HDR photos.
Export photos (one by one) with the Ricoh Theta Stitcher software.
Then I have my panoramas.
I do it this way to have more editing capabilities over my photos.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by england921
If you want stitched images directly from the Ricoh Theta Z1 you have to shoot in auto mode only. Ricoh will automatically stitch the auto mode photos and you can import into lightroom as stitched jpgs.

It is when you shoot in raw and jpg mode, lightroom will import the DNG files and then you need to edit and export into the Ricoh Theta app to stitch and create panorama jpgs.

My workflow.
Shoot in manual - 3 bracketed images.
Import all images into Lightroom (all files are DNG (raw) files).
In lightroom, photo merge to HDR.
Edit HDR photos.
Export photos (one by one) with the Ricoh Theta Stitcher software.
Then I have my panoramas.
I do it this way to have more editing capabilities over my photos.

Right, that is why I want RAW(dng) files. Wow! This is laborious. On this job I have 34 files, but some are much larger. ugh!
Post 7 IP   flag post
england921 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes it is a lot of work. The shooting is a breeze. The editing and creating the virtual tour can be very long - especially for a large home or structure.
Post 8 IP   flag post
JPPeron private msg quote post Address this user
I hear that there is a mobile app that can now stitch your 360 RAW files straight from your phone.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hirota41.z1stitcher
Post 9 IP   flag post
impact360 private msg quote post Address this user
For quality images you really need to use the Dual Fisheye plugin and export the DNG which allows great post processing. I can still shoot and edit my DSLR faster because of batch capabilities but Z1 is a little more fun.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101636 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?