Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Competes with MSPs

Latest low blow from Matterport11450

Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucadeal

And I will not buy another Matterport camera. My next investment will probably be a motorized pano-head.

(Fast) motorized pano-head + reality capture or agisoft software + 3D Vista = 3D tour with dollhouse and floorplan

Just be careful that Matterport does not sue you for creating a Floor Plan or a "dollhouse" view with your new virtual tour solution. I don't know why they are not suing all the other Virtual Tour Companies but go after the one that is kicking their (redacted) (redacted) (redacted) . Their days are numbered.

I will also suggest we tart trolling their Facebook forum and start getting the truth out their, Matterport is not China and cant hide from our community and try to silence the MSP anymore.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@MeshImages Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
@Home3D unfortunately I cannot stop for a month. We have expensive monthly hosting plans.

Its the question MP2 camera = doorstop or not?
Think rather recycle it and we do our bit for the environment , just please never sell your Matterport cameras as we dont want to get anymore people invected with it. 😂
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
AhmedAttia private msg quote post Address this user
Guys, I am with the idea to Jpi this program and just perform the basic work, scan, upload and deliver. But for sure these rates should be modified to be at least the double. Just something jumped to my mind now, would they allow only the MP camera/ BLK owners to join the program or also anyone using the small 360 cameras?

@ Dan Smigrod
Is it possible to have one official statement from the WGAN members summarizing our situation to be submitted in official formto Matterport?
Post 28 IP   flag post
@AhmedAttia I have the best way for all of us to make Millions $$$$ from this mess.

You need to follow these steps very carefully for this to work.

Step 1 : Go to ACE Hardware

Step 2 : Buy all the hammers they have for $8.99

Step 3 : Make a online shop for your new hammers

Step 4 : Take professional pictures of your hammers and do a write up

This is the most important step, don't mess this up.

Step 5 : Make your selling PRICE $3.99

Step 6 : Sit back and watch your millions roll in, you will be make more money this way than doing Matterport Tours and losing $$$$
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

Screen Grab of eBlast sent to Matterport Service Providers [likely in Target Markets]

Matterport Recruiting Matterport Service Providers to Compete with MSPs

Hi All,

Above is the eBlast sent by Matterport Marketing today (Thursday, 9 April 2020) to recruit Matterport Service Providers to compete with Matterport Service Providers.

Thursday, Apr 16 from 8:00 - 9:00 am PST / 11:00 - Noon EST / 3:00 - 4:00 pm GMT.

Matterport Register Now Link

Below is a screen grab of the landing page that this link goes to.

Your thoughts?

By the way ...

I could imagine that Matterport will say that it's not competing with Matterport Service Providers because large accounts would not engage MSPs individually and that this business is only possible because Matterport is handling it directly.

I would not object if this was a 3rd party company or agency that was recruiting Matterport Service Providers for projects because they are not the same company that sells the camera and sets the rates for processing, hosting, publishing to Google Street View, 2D schematic floor plans and likely other services in the future.)

Plus, Matterport IS establishing benchmark pricing of what MSPs are getting paid. Never mind that Matterport is excluding the process, hosting, etc. because ... potential clients will just see the Matterport pricing and soon MSPs will be asked by their client to honor the pricing that Matterport is paying you.)

When Uber started out, they only offered rides form limo drivers. Eventually, Uber offered service from all drivers; thus, competing with those it said it would originally help.

Thanks,

Dan

----

Screen grab of the Matterport landing page for its Matterport Register Now link in the eBlast above

---

Body Text of eBlast

Last November, we announced that we were working with fellow MSPs and customers across industries to explore more efficient ways to support the growth we foresaw for scanning services. At that time, we projected that the demand for high-fidelity, professional scans would continue to rise among businesses and consumers in 2020.

The COVID-19 outbreak has accelerated the rollout of this new program to meet the urgent need for Matterport 3D scans from enterprise customers with regional or national reach.

We’re excited to tell you all about the new scan services program and answer any questions you will most certainly have.

Please join us on Thursday, Apr 16 from 8:00 - 9:00 am PST / 11:00 - Noon EST / 3:00 - 4:00 pm GMT.

We look forward to seeing you on the 16th to share the opportunities ahead of us.

--

eMail confirmation for attending this event
Post 30 IP   flag post

3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Dan, I hope you were able to access the webinar, and hopefully you will have managed to record it!
I missed the beginning. I can't wait to read more about this "GREAT" new program!
Post 31 IP   flag post
@ArchimedStudio we are going to get rich $$$$$ we will al be making millions scanning 4 billion properties cant wait...
Post 32 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
I "love" how the 4 panelists that represent MSP are all big companies (Capture It 3D, Tour it now, TrustedPhotoDC, Virtual Space) that work on a high volume of jobs with multiple and probably low-paid employees.

They increased business (one said he's make more scans in Jan-Feb 2020 than entire 2019) - The question is : Did you make any money running around for Matterport?

Wooohoooo, we're going to make hundreds of dollars with this new program!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I've been their Multifamily program for a few years now. I haven't done a scan for them in probably six months.
Post 34 IP   flag post
@ArchimedStudio They just waisted 40 min of our lockdown time. They did not talk about payouts or anything. That all was pre recorded.

We need to get the pricing, as what is going to happen MSP that does not make the cut can just under cut Matterport on pricing. Just give your clients or the BIG enterprise client their own hosting account.

But that is what they did with their new processing and hosting pricing, they thought we were frogs sitting on low water on the stove. The writing was on the wall they were going to pull something like this. To make it not affordable to go out and scan or do big work. All of their plan.

They will use this Rona-19 as a marketing ploy. It's like they knew it was coming. Think David Icke warned against them coming or was that 5G is the new Matterport camera going to use 5G ?
Post 35 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user

I found this on the German Matterport forum.
Post 36 IP   flag post
@3SixtyNow Wow that is really bad. I only received one enquiry in three years. And a very large company wanting 500+ scans per month. None of the MSP where I am at knew about it. The company reached out to Matterport 5 times and no one got back to them. So got the contract high jacked by another group that I was doing scanning for. But that's Matterport for ya, gotta luv them.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@ArchimedStudio We need to look at alternatives now away from Matterport. Because as I see it , Matterport cant go out and sue the other VR camera companies as they thought with GeoCV case they will scare them off. Not the case. There are now companies springing up faster with better functionality than Matterport.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Spring, TX
Photography360 private msg quote post Address this user
What we need is a company that we can utilize the Matterport camera with, so they can take what it captures and use it!
Post 39 IP   flag post
junior private msg quote post Address this user
No service provider I know is not looking for another platform, all are anxious to get away from the Matterport platform
Post 40 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
And all MSPs will be gone as soon as there is an alternative.

And as I wrote here already: with the decision to compete with MSPs and dumping prices in the market, RJ Pitman is ruining the company.

A MSP cannot take 100 percent of the job-risk and workload for a cash-premium of about 40-50 percent. The Matterport Scan Partner program is a ridiculous offer. Matterport is becoming a competitor for every virtual tour provider in the market. Matterport is not respecting any of your established customer-relationships. They are actively selling cameras to every one of your clients. Next step will be, that Matterport will be selling the scans to your clients. Maybe at a better rate than you can offer.
Post 41 IP   flag post
101436 41 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?