Hi All,

Are you the expert - thought-leader - on whether Matterport Service Providers, real estate photographers and/or real estate agents are considered essential in your city or state?

How are you keeping your clients and prospects informed about the Coronavirus?

✓ front page news?
✓ snipe across the front page of your website?
✓ new tab to a page
✓ blog post?

The following is reprinted with the permission of San Francisco Bay Area-based Hopscotch Interactive Founder Emily Olman (@Hopscotch) from the Hopscotch Interactive Blog.

Got an example of your website pandemic communications to your clients and prospects? Please share it here or start a new WGAN Forum discussion.

Stay healthy,

Dan

---
Hopscotch Interactive Blog
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
4/6/2020

The Coronavirus has had impacts already that will change the way that we do business in Real Estate marketing forever. Hopscotch Interactive is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, which is one of the first locations in the country to have a shelter-in-place ordinance. We slowed operations to adjust to the changing information that was coming to us on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. But, as things have come more clearly into view, we have followed the situation closely as it pertains to real estate and we can now share the following update:

1) March 28, 2020 There was a change in the list of California Essential Services, and Real Estate was listed as an essential service. However, local cities and counties may have stricter rules in place, so everyone must make sure they have clearance from the local health officials before proceeding with any property marketing or visits.

2) March 31, 2020 The BRIDGE AOR announced that real estate services are an essential service in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, as well as the City of Berkeley.

3) CAR issue these Coronavirus Addenda (PEAD_4-2020 & form RLA_CAA_4-2020) which now must be signed by anyone who is entering a property to acknowledge the risks, and as a declaration that to their knowledge they are not sick. You can get the documents here or download them from the MLS.

4) April 6, 2020 The CAR shared this document that helps us navigate which cities and counties are acknowledging real estate marketing and services as essential

We are not returning to business as usual just yet, even if a property is in an area where we are considered essential. Here are some of the things that we are reviewing on a case-by-base basis to determine if we can enter a property:

Is it occupied or vacant?
When was the last time someone entered the property?
Do we and our team have protective gear to enter a property? i.e. gloves, mask, and shoe coverings
Have all parties signed the addenda to confirm we are allowed to enter a property?
What are the best and most effective media for the property?

These are just a few of the considerations that we are making. So, we are operating with a more conservative approach to this situation than other service providers, but we believe that following the CDC Guidelines for Coronavirus is the minimum we should do, and we also have to use common sense to understand what the risks are and if we can proceed.

Our greatest concern is the safety and well-being of our clients, and the health of our community, so we will always put that first.

We will continue to update and monitor the situation as it evolves, and thank all of our customers for their understanding as we navigate this together.

I also want to say thank you so much to the many Realtor Associations and representatives that I have spoken to all over the state during the last three weeks, you have been an incredible resource for me and I appreciate it very much.

Emily

---

Source: Hopscotch Interactive Blog