Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppWish List

Matterport Capture App Wish List114

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Add your “wish list” to this thread about of how Matterport can improve the Matterport Capture app. I will share this thread with Matterport on 1 March 2015.

As an early adopter/pioneer/futurist/forum member/passionate photographer/real estate agent, your ideas matter ...

So, thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with Matterport and MUG Forum members.

-->Kindly include 1 idea per post so that Forum members can vote for the idea<---

All Matterport Wish Lists threads that I will shared with Matterport 1 March 2015:

Matterport Capture App Wish List
Matterport Cloud Processing Wish List
Matterport Cloud Hosting Wish List
Matterport Sharing Options Wish List
Matterport Pro 3D Camera Wish List
Matterport 3D Showcase Wish List
Matterport 3D Workshop Wish List
Matterport 3D Studio Wish List

Thanks,

Dan
Matterport User Group Forum Founder
Post 1 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
I send emails to support when there's an issue that I want to bring to their attention. They thank me kindly for my input then proceed to ignore the request.

Case in point, having the Terms of Service appear in the preview when posting a Matterport link on Facebook. IGNORED.

Another case in point, having Matterport apply to be an approved vendor of my MLS so that tours can be linked directly to a listing. IGNORED.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Glenda We have as many as 300 different people looking at the Matterport User Group Forum on any given day. We have a powerful voice collectively if we list all our ideas and "vote-up" those ideals that we really like. While ultimately it is up to Matterport to decide which ideas that they implement, as early adapters, we do have an opportunity to influence both what gets implemented and what gets implemented sooner.

I'll start it off ...

Wish List: Use a different color for trimming:

1. windows
2. mirrors
3. walls

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Trim tools can be hidden behind the menu or go off-screen. Add more "safety" around the model so it is easier to trim.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
When trimming, auto-detect "inside" and "outside" so we can "swap" less.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
My wish for Matterport is to be able to label rooms with labels & custom labels. It would be nice for those unusual rooms. Maybe be able to put labels on any part of the model or outside the model like golf course, club house, , lake, mountains etc..
Post 6 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
We need a way to archive scans so that we don't have to just delete them to free up storage on our iPads. I know Dan Smigrod has published a method of backing up to multiple iCloud accounts, but that's not an acceptable solution. Whether the data is saved on Matterport's servers or my own computer is unimportant; I just need a way to save these models so that future enhancements may be applied to them.
Post 7 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
Another issue, one which I have communicated to Matterport just today: we need a standard method for handling things that must move from one scan to the next. I'll copy my email that I sent to Matterport:

After defining the 3 floors of a (very large) house I had scheduled on Thursday, I began scanning in the basement. There were no problems until I got to the stairs leading to the main level of the house. At the top of the stairs was a door. I set the camera and then went up and stood behind the door to hold it open during the scan. I did this all the way to the top, including the scan with the camera actually in the hallway.

But then I ran into the problem - this door has an automatic closer that allows it to open only halfway, so that in its fully open position, it blocks the entire width of the hallway. As far as the model is concerned, the world ends at that door. Bob Horn got me straightened out as far as how to continue scanning and not have alignment issues. But after uploading, I'm running into serious problems with the usability of the model.

As far as the model is concerned, the basement door is normally closed. There is only one scan in the model that shows the basement door open. This is the one right at the top of the stairs, scan #101. From this spot, I can move only in the direction away from the open door. I can't see or move to any of the scans beyond the door, which means I have to move to an adjacent scan (the doorway of the bathroom) to have the door closed and be able to move beyond it. A larger problem is the fact that even at the one spot that shows the door open (scan #101), I cannot go to the hot spots down the stairs. They're blocked by the presence (logically, if not visually) of the door.

So... we have a paradox created by a door that must exist in both open and closed states for the model to work. Short of taking the thing off its hinges before scanning (which is usually not an option), how do we get past this problem?

The thought that came to mind is that I need to be able to mark an object as a "permeable boundary." Something that exists visually, but not as an impassable obstacle, like a wall would be. This would allow the basement door to appear to be open or closed, but not block access to hot spots beyond it.

This is the best solution I could come up with. It still doesn't address the problem of how best to scan in this situation. Whatever approach is taken, there needs to be a standard procedure to overcome this most basic problem.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
How to know the true scan count in real time since the counter presently includes failed scans. For clarification, the scan count may say 210 when the real scan count is actually 190 because 20 scans failed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to be able to view the individual scans that are captured either in real time as it is going or afterwards by clicking on the capture.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Reduce time to scan.
Reduce time to transfer to iPad.
Reduce time to process. [enable Capture while processing?]
Reduce time to ready to move camera.

For those of us shooting large spaces / frequently ... shaving seconds off of capture --> move camera would be hugely appreciated.
Post 11 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Be able to trim data on the Z axis. Clean up skylights etc.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Be able to preview the 6 pics taken during the scan.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Similar to what John said.
Manually mark doors.
I'd like to scan some rooms with the door closed and then later decide to include the intire room or not. This would also help for scanning over multiple settings. Just mark something like this point here on this model is also this point here on this other model.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Tell the scanner where it is when having placement issues. I scanned a large church and kept getting scanns placed in the wrong location because everything looked so similar. Say just look for a match in this 1 ft radius.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Rollover free monthly scans if not used from previous month.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Offer pre-purchase package of scans to bring down price per scan.

For example, instead of $19 per model (up to 100 scans), Pre-pay for 100 @ $10 per model (up to 100 scans).
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
If you buy the Matterport Cloud Business Service Plan @ $1,499 yearly, the free models (11 per month) should be anytime in that year (11 x 12 = 132).
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Smart Trim – trim tools should know which side should face which direction when added to the mini-map.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Add a feature to Capture app to (easily) report error messages, bugs and 'what happened' at that moment.

Might include an opt-in to automatically do this in the background once the iPad is connected to the Internet.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Enable all trim marketings to be viewable with the mini-map without having to manual stretch with one hand and change trim length with the other.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Make it easy to re-activate trim to make edit changes.

For example, if three trim mmarketings are next to each other, it can be difficult to activate the one you want.
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
How much free space remains on iPad?
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Option to geo-tag model.
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Option to preview a scan. For example, did a person walk into the scan.
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Add counter to track models uploaded in current billing cycle.

Please also add this counter feature to: my.matterport.com
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Presently, Capture uploads in the background, which is good. Can you add visual progress of this uploading? (Same progress bar as Upload is fine.)
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
When deleting a scan, can you auto-detect that it is a "support beam" and warn about deleting it? (So the house of cards does not collapse)
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Add a unique, possitive sound when scan is successfully added to mini map. This way, I can save neck strain by not needing to look at iPad so often. Do a six mile model and the head strain adds up.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Add compass setting (north) fo first scan. This will be helpful for gyro viewing (and VR) mode on an iPad, for example.

No need to add a sensor. I would be happy using the iPhone compass app to know which way is North and aim the camera accordly.

For those in the know, it just works because you set the default North for the first scan.

For those that do not care, doesn't matter, unless it is important to know that the orientation was set (my preference) phase 2 advance feature: reset North in CMS.
Post 30 IP   flag post
101749 67 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?