Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceCamera RawDNGHow ToInsta360 One RProblems

Seam line when opening DNG file in Camera Raw11390

b01ng private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I'm quite new to this. I just received my Insta360 One R yesterday and decided to do a test virtual tour at a property. I shot in RAW in 3 shot HDR. I used Insta360 Studio 2020 to have the images stitched, and then exported the files.

Now the problem I'm having is when I open the file in Photoshop Camera Raw, there's a very distinct seam line right down the middle of the image, one side of the image is also darker than the other.

I've tried doing some searching, but all I find are people getting a seam line after doing some editing in camera raw.

Please see the image. What can I do to fix this? Thank you!

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@b01ng

Welcome to the WGAN Forum and for your post.

Ugh!

While we waiting for a WGAN Forum Member that understand the problem (and solution) to weigh-in, would this video - included in this WGAN Forum post - be helpful?

Video: Edit 360° Video w/ DaVinci Resolve 16 - Tripod Removal, PanoMap

You might even post a comment to the CreatorUp YouTube Channel (and let us know what he says )

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@b01ng Is that one image or two images next to each other.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@leonherbert

This is one image. It is merged and stitched in Insta360 Studio 2020 with 3 hdr images.

That is the output I get when I open the exported dng file into Photoshop. This only happens with the dng that is outputted. Files that are merged and stitched in the insp format output fine.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@b01ng Do you have any other software to stitch this together with. Photomatix etc.

Could you send me a link to all those files both the originals and the final dng displayed here.

I will have a look at this.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@leonherbert

I don't have Photomatix, but I may have to get it if I'm unable to solve this problem.

Here's a dropbox link to the files. Thanks for your help!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b6t83n16v2cweot/AAAEJAU6iOgCQ1n_xNgeaO-Aa?dl=0
Post 6 IP   flag post
@leonherbert

Just a quick update. Someone from reddit appears to have the same issue. This is what he said.

"I have raised this with Insta360 in the official OneR FB group. There is not an option for chromatic equalization when stitching the DNG's. This is enabled by default for the JPG. While RAW should be RAW and unadjusted, I agree that these images are unusable. I just noticed this when upgraded to the latest version of Insta360 Studio yesterday."

Looks like there is a problem with the Insta360 software where it's not doing it's job properly.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?