Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseMatterportShow TourVersusZillowZillow 3D Home

Matterport with Ricoh Theta Z1 🤜 versus 🤛 Zillow 3D Home with Z111387

Founder
Show & Tour
Leawood, Kansas
JoshMais private msg quote post Address this user
I decided to run an experiment and wanted to share.

Zillow took ~15 minutes to shoot, Matterport took ~30 minutes to shoot. Both were shot using the Ricoh Theta Z1.

Media player created with Show & Tour

See also: Ricoh Z1 🤜 vs 🤛 Nikon Z6
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@sherpa_media

Sweet how you can include two 24/7 Virtual Tours in your Show & Tour player.

This weekend, I will look to see how the Matterport versus Zillow tours compare using the Ricoh Theta Z to create. Thanks for creating this side-by-side comparison.

Stay healthy,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpa_media
I decided to run an experiment and wanted to share.

Zillow took ~15 minutes to shoot, Matterport took ~30 minutes to shoot. Both were shot using the Ricoh Theta Z1.

Media player created with Show & Tour
That is fantastic!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
lgmarketingco private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for taking the time to demo these two platforms. I'm currently using an older Matterport camera and recently discovered the Ricoh camera with the Matterport interface. I was considering the purchase of the newer 4K Matterport camera but to date (7 years) I have not had to use the measurement or floor plan application provided by the Matterport camera. How complicated is the interface between the Ricoh camera and the Matterport platform for upload? Is it the same as the Matterport camera? I understand you cannot get images extracted nor can I get the floorplans or measurements. Not a deal breaker since I do not use them. I do have one client that does image extraction. For her I can use the Matterport camera. For all else I could use the Ricoh. Your thoughts, if you have a second . Thank you
Post 4 IP   flag post
Founder
Show & Tour
Leawood, Kansas
JoshMais private msg quote post Address this user
@lgmarketingco

The shooting process is pretty much the same for both cameras, except the Ricoh is a bit faster and you cannot stand behind it like the Matterport camera. You can pull stills from a tour that was created with the Z1, they just aren't as high quality.

See this post as an example:

✓ Ricoh Theta Z1 🤜 versus 🤛 Nikon Z6 FX-Format Mirrorless Camera
Post 5 IP   flag post
101421 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?