Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3603D3rd Party Service ProviderExtracting 360s

3rd Party Service for Extracting 360's from Matterport 3D scans?11322

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
It there a 3rd party service that can extract a 360 pano out of a 3d scan on a MP tour?

The reason for this question is when we photograph a house that isn't going to be a tour. We have to do 4-5 scans as MP requires those to upload it.

We typically do one room in 3d scans and the rest of the house in 360's. Unless I can find a way to get a pano out of a 3d scan, I will be missing one room out of most houses.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
In the snapshot area you can switch it over to 360 mode (with either 3D or 360views) and grab panos from anything you have shot in your Matterport tour

They will appear in the photos area. Though the will have to be downloaded 1 at a time and the are a lower resolution than the Pro1 or pro2 are capable of
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
With JuMP-POP v1.0 you can generate 16K x 8K pano from your Pro2 Matterport showcase link for any 3D scan points. (8K x 4K for Pro1)

PM me for how to be JuMP member to get the access of JuMP-POP v1.0
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Why not just take some additional 360 scans in the room that you did the 3D model of?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
At the time, we did not have the coronavirus therefore it wasn't needed. Honestly, we couldn't have predicted what the strange future was going to hold for us. Now that the virus is here and open houses are canceled, real estate agents want tours. We aren't an essential service here so I can't offer it. If I can make the 360's into a tour, voila, I have a solution except for one room in most houses that are 3d scans. In the future, we will also do 360's in that room or better yet, as it seems, invest in a different camera to take 360's as MP is becoming more unattractive to me.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@JonJ You don't need to take extra 360 photos, 16K x 8K pano can be generate from 3D scan points.
Select JuMP services, it is not expensive.
Yes, you can generate it by yourself, but our solution is fast, easy access and high quality.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@fotoguy

In the dashboard ~ Edit ~ Then Snapshot tool - can be done with 360 views as well you just need to navigate to each 360 view prior to grabbing the 360 snapshot

360's then can be found in the photos tab

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
Ok, I understand all of it but what I think I'm hearing is those scans are too low res to make a decent looking tour.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@fotoguy

Depends on expectations and the camera used I suppose:

This tour was assembled with this method

https://view.ricohtours.com/4bd457ff-e8b5-4b43-9a95-76e507f43ff5/
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@lilnitsch I suggest you try our Panos, send me one of your showcase link, we can provide free DEMO.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@JuMP

What's your size limit?

This is a relatively recently shot Real Estate Office:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=xGgYNTQaibH

Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@lilnitsch The maximum resolution is 16K x 8K for Pro2 and 8K x 4K for Pro1
Would you PM me with your email address so that we can send you the 16K pano DEMO?

BTW the ricohtours link you provide looks good, but I found a problem that all Matterport generated panos may have. It is the direction and leveling problem.

The original output of Matterport camera isn't leveled and you can put your camera towarded to the same direction exactly and the group can't be horizontal exactly either.
Matterport use a group of direction settings in their showcase, but the panos output won't include that direction settings.

So you must do some manual adjustment when you want to use them in other pano plateform.

Currently we are working on the automatical leveling services of all panos from Matterport showcase.

If you like to try we can do you a DEMO.
For example: we generate the leveled pano package of your showcase https://my.matterportvr.cn/show/?m=CxW1RTJ5tCY
And you use the leveled panos to make a new ricohtours to see the difference.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Done
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Sample Pano's

Pro2 Resolution of ~ 16384 × 8192

Z1 Resolution of ~ 8192 × 4096

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1zrmqkb6gx3in9q/AADIPkpJpOA87WWb3E_VdVO9a?dl=0
Post 14 IP   flag post
kigilido private msg quote post Address this user
I have 1 2 ways of doing it
1) if you have a paid account by MPEmbed.com they have a option download all panorama. But this one is low resolution

2)I publish the tour to google street view and I pick them up on a website called gothru.co witch is a place to manage you street view listing. And there is also a option to download all Plano’s and it’s high resolution,
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@kigilido How much did you pay when you publish tour to google street view?
And does all tours can be published to google street view?
What is the resolution of the panos from gothru.co?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I paid $14.99 that’s the amount matterport charge to upload to google street view. Now in my case I had a google listing witch I uploaded it to but you can chose any listing around you and once you downloaded it from gotruh.co just delete them from google. The pictures seems to be same resolution as a matterport tour it’s about 8MB one photo
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@kigilido Thank you for your input.
Would you please provide the matterport showcase link and the 8MB demo pano that from gotruh.co? We want to compare it with our output in order to get better result and get the best value solution for all friends here who want to get panos.
Post 18 IP   flag post
HERE YOU GO
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=SBrmeL5EMtB

https://gothru.co/PB0aw5Qxk?index=scene_42&hlookat=283&vlookat=16&fov=120

Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lrtho1qei6pm0u7/AABAMbToMETfJPiM75gq3_dIa?dl=0
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
We compare them already, the pano you got from gothru.co is 8K x 4K only, that lower than our result 16K x 8K.

And the price for gothru.co methord is: USD14.99 (each tour from Matterport to Google) + USD10.00 per month on gothru.co for 8K x 4K result.

Become JuMP member you can save at least 50% of your money to get better 16K x 8K result and more easier.

Below is the link for panos compare:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kvhi2uh3sazh4mk/AABA49snERzL58V6AgcjCp-Ma?dl=0
Post 20 IP   flag post
@JuMP how do i get your service ?
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP

Below is the link for panos compare:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kvhi2uh3sazh4mk/AABA49snERzL58V6AgcjCp-Ma?dl=0

Great quality and probably an original Matterport camera resolution. You just need to tell us your fees for it. If it is reasonable I may use your service and I am sure others find it valuable especially that we still need to pay Matterport for publishing to GSV and still can get only 32Mp panos.
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Wingman PM me to get the detail.
It is policy here, we can't say our business detail in public post.
Or we must pay extra for the AD.
We are small team and no budget to make an AD.
Please understand,thank you.
Post 23 IP   flag post
101707 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?