Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseBusiness PlanMatterport Competes with MSPsPro2

Matterport recruiting Pro Service Providers to compete against indepen...11317

Bollingerphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else get one of these?

Matterport director offering slave wages and recruiting independent Pro Service providers to contract for peanuts to compete directly against independent Pro Providers who have been promoting their product since day one.

All of this during a pandemic.

Here is the most blatent effort to date to screw their independant market base... and with this I'm Out!

Following excerpt from Troy Lowry ( Matterport Dirtbag ) who happened to send this out after hours on a weekend during a pandemic.

We’re currently launching a new program and opportunity for Matterport camera owners like yourself and want to work with you to be one of our dedicated service providers in the Sandwich/Ellisville, MA area. This would be an ongoing relationship with potential to grow with Matterport’s business.

Here are the details below:

Initial Duration: 12 months to ongoing
No hosting costs and minimal post-production needs

If you are interested we will send over a NDA for you to sign.

Please also fill out this INTEREST FORM

Requirements for this program:

A Pro2 camera
Proof of General Liability insurance
Reasonable availability to service your area
Agreement to our standard pricing

Payment Table:

Size / Residential Payout ft2 ($)

0 - 2,000 ft2 $120
2,001 - 3,000 ft2 $160
3,001 - 4,000 ft2 $200
4,001 - 5,000 ft2 $240
5,001 - 6,000 ft2 $280
6,001+ ft2 $280 for first 6,000 ft2 + $0.04 / ft2 for each ft2 after 6,000

Size / Commercial Payout

ft2 ($) Additional
0 - 2,000 ft2 $120 for up to 2,000 ft2

2001 - 3,000 ft2 $120 for first 2,000 ft2 + $0.04 / ft2 for each ft2 after 2,000

5001 - 10,000 ft2 $240 for first 5,000 ft2 + $0.03 / ft2 for each ft2 after 5,000

10001 - 25,000 ft2 $390 for first 10,000 ft2 + $0.025 / ft2 for each ft2 after 10,000

25001 - 50,000 ft2 $765 for first 25,000 ft2 + $0.02 / ft2 for each ft2 after 25,000

50,001+ ft2 $1265 for first 50,000 ft2 + $0.015 / ft2 for each ft2 after 50,000

Is this something you might be interested in?

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions!

[photo]

Troy Lowry

(408) 655-8353

Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | matterport.com
Post 1 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
That really sucks. They'll get what they pay for
Post 2 IP   flag post
Matterport strategically posted this on a weekend & after hours like a thief in the night ... This follows my initial sales consult years ago where Matterport suggested a minimum .30+ per square foot ( knowing full well that was unattainable at the time) for scanning. followed by years of direct contact with my clients after scan posting with client info on their proprietary onsite hosting platform. Matterport would then make a follow up call suggesting my clients purchase their own equipment and scan directly thus cutting me out. I have never seen a company so ruthlessly and blatantly try to canibilize clients and providers of their own product. The hijacking of copyrights issue is now going to bite them on the ass. I feel a class action suit is in order . As a 30+ year professional photographer ( my client base happens to include the best litigating attorneys in the country) I have never seen a company intentionally try to cheat and steal from its own client base so blatantly. Initiating this during a pandemic was completely a cutthroat tactic and the final straw.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@Bollingerphoto

Looks like what I received ~ It is part of a new program they have been trying to rollout for a little while now

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Bollingerphoto - I had not seen this yet but, on a Saturday morning during a lockdown with a cup of coffee by my side, your message confirms that it's business as usual at MP. I hadn't heard of Troy before but his LinkedIn page is self-indicting:

(red arrow added)
At least he deserves credit for honesty - 'cost reductions'

Would be nice, and a major shift, if management's primary goal was to better the lives of MSP providers who built the company. Imagine a world where every MP photographer decides to self-quarantine for three months, or better yet, only quarantines their MP gear. Would we be missed? What if we all use 360 tours instead, at least for residential RE and all uses where the precise measurements are not really necessary. That's probably 70% of my MP work. And many of my clients are already PREFERRING 360 tours over MP.

I'm reminded of Lysistrata: clickable text
Maybe we should all withhold our 'virtualist' favors from our MP overlords for a while, and see how that sits with them.

To any WGAN member who only does MP, I'll be happy to provide advice about 360 tours, as I'm sure hundreds of other WGAN members will.

Now, for a little entertainment during these trying times, here is Niall Moran with a message for all of us, which I home Troy, especially, will take to heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BA9eTXwGIk
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Home3D

They are Regional Matterport Sales Reps
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Bollingerphoto

With the Agreement you cannot offer the Matterport client any other Virtual Tour services either

I didn't get deep enough into the contract to see if Absolutely no additional services to be sold to the Matterport Client like photo, video, or aerial services

With this new service you are shooting to a Matterport Client's account so, there are no tour fee's incurred.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Matterport Initial Message starts with a Non Disclosure Agreement ... That is pretty Mea Culpa from the start. I'd love to see one of these proposals anonymously posted or please feel free to send proposal directly to me if so inclined. I want to run all this by legal counsel.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Sign me up!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
@Bollingerphoto

With the Agreement you cannot offer the Matterport client any other Virtual Tour services either

I didn't get deep enough into the contract to see if Absolutely no additional services to be sold to the Matterport Client like photo, video, or aerial services

With this new service you are shooting to a Matterport Client's account so, there are no tour fee's incurred.

Being able to offer other visual storytelling solutions might have made this incredibly lowball offer have legs for some Matterport Service Providers.

That said, Matterport is now establishing the super-low price point for real estate agents, etc.

“how about I pay you a nickel a square foot and let’s cut out Matterport,” some real agents are likely to be asking without realizing that we have to pay hosting and our pricing is not based on market share powered by VC money that does not need a profit in the short term.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
what are they offering to realtors?
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

Pricing above is the payout to the "shooter" I believe the price the tour purchaser will be close to retail rates. If brokerages carry this for agents until the close or cancelation or withdrawal of a listing I believe this could have some legs. However, if it is just retail through the Brokerage my "magic 8-ball" says outlook hazy
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@foxwrth13

This program would be aimed more towards the Brokerages rather than agent direct
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@lilnitsch

Yes. I understand. I could imagine that Matterport's retail pricing to real estate agents will equal or beat what other Matterport Service Providers in the market are offering because:

✓ Matterport controls pricing (Matterport Cloud account, hosting)
✓ Matterport is VC backed; interested in market share (not necessarily short-term profile)
✓ Matterport likely (mistakenly) believes that it can grow the use of Matterport by reducing pricing

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
We need to start solidifying our relationships with our realtor clients by offering additional service options, maybe a discount or freebie after 5 to 10 purchases, property website, etc. matterport can't offer the extras and services of a good relationship.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
This is such BS!!!!! What up with GEOVC? I'm ready to jump ship!!!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
I think GEOCV is not really in it anymore? Dan?
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
That's such sad news😢. I hope someone else steps in ASAP. I had it with Matterport. I still do it better than they can. I'll just keep adding the new 3rd party stuff.

Mahalo, for the update Dan.

Keep up the great work!
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@foxwrth13 - Currently GeoCV tours can only be shot and edited by users who owned cameras and had accounts before they went into stasis.

A time will come when Matterport will not be the only game. That's not my knowledge, just my hunch based on the way technology evolves. In the meanwhile I encourage all MSPs to learn and practice creating 360 tours with some of the higher-end systems. My clients are very happy with the results, many prefer them to MP.
Post 19 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I think Apple is stepping into the market with the new iPad pro and this is making Matterport very nervous.

Look at this:

I bet that there will be alternatives (apps) to Matterport coming soon.

And then we must ask ourselves: Who will buy a 300 USD Matterport Scan, if you can create a (good looking) 3D model with a simple iPad pro?

MSPs must build complete marketing solutions, because simple scans (3D plus tour) won't convince customers anymore.

My simple point of view.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Reminder that this Matterport webinar starts at 11 am ET today (Thursday, 16 April 2020).

Dan

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

Screen Grab of eBlast sent to Matterport Service Providers [likely in Target Markets]

Matterport Recruiting Matterport Service Providers to Compete with MSPs

Hi All,

Above is the eBlast sent by Matterport Marketing today (Thursday, 9 April 2020) to recruit Matterport Service Providers to compete with Matterport Service Providers.

Thursday, Apr 16 from 8:00 - 9:00 am PST / 11:00 - Noon EST / 3:00 - 4:00 pm GMT.

Matterport Register Now Link

Below is a screen grab of the landing page that this link goes to.

Your thoughts?

By the way ...

I could imagine that Matterport will say that it's not competing with Matterport Service Providers because large accounts would not engage MSPs individually and that this business is only possible because Matterport is handling it directly.

I would not object if this was a 3rd party company or agency that was recruiting Matterport Service Providers for projects because they are not the same company that sells the camera and sets the rates for processing, hosting, publishing to Google Street View, 2D schematic floor plans and likely other services in the future.)

Plus, Matterport IS establishing benchmark pricing of what MSPs are getting paid. Never mind that Matterport is excluding the process, hosting, etc. because ... potential clients will just see the Matterport pricing and soon MSPs will be asked by their client to honor the pricing that Matterport is paying you.)

When Uber started out, they only offered rides form limo drivers. Eventually, Uber offered service from all drivers; thus, competing with those it said it would originally help.

Thanks,

Dan

----

Screen grab of the Matterport landing page for its Matterport Register Now link in the eBlast above

---

Body Text of eBlast

Last November, we announced that we were working with fellow MSPs and customers across industries to explore more efficient ways to support the growth we foresaw for scanning services. At that time, we projected that the demand for high-fidelity, professional scans would continue to rise among businesses and consumers in 2020.

The COVID-19 outbreak has accelerated the rollout of this new program to meet the urgent need for Matterport 3D scans from enterprise customers with regional or national reach.

We’re excited to tell you all about the new scan services program and answer any questions you will most certainly have.

Please join us on Thursday, Apr 16 from 8:00 - 9:00 am PST / 11:00 - Noon EST / 3:00 - 4:00 pm GMT.

We look forward to seeing you on the 16th to share the opportunities ahead of us.

--

eMail confirmation for attending this event
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
That Matterport gotomeeting didn't clear up anything. I woke up early for nothing. No pricing or payout was discussed. All I know from that is you need to have a Pro-2 camera. If you don't have one of those you aren't really in the business anyway.

Take away from meeting was just offer better services and products than Matterport.
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Matterport ShopTalk #19 Webinar: Matterport Capture Services Program | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 7 April 2021

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Transcript: Matterport ShopTalk #19: Matterport Capture Services Program (7 April 2021)
Transcript: Matterport Capture Services Webinar | Thursday, 16 April 2020

Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
101641 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?