Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CoronavirusCOVID19WGANTV Live at 5

Video: My wife has Coronavirus! Stop Scanning or you will kill people11284

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Town Hall: Matterport Service Providers Coping with COVID-19 | Coronavirus (Monday, 23 March 2020)

Hi All,

"My wife has Coronavirus! ...Stop Scanning ... or you will kill people," said Matterport Service Provider Angus Norriss (@AngusNorriss) on WGAN-TV Town Hall: Matterport Service Providers Coping with COVID-19 live program last night (Monday, 23 March 2020). Angus is the Founder of Peterborough, England-based Imagineer Consulting.

"I infected my wife. My wife has Coronavirus," said Angus. "She is infected because of what I shot in London."

"She is going to be okay. She is five days in," said Angus who is at risk with asthma (and stopped doing Matterport scans two weeks ago).

"[United Kingdom] is three weeks in front of you," said Angus. "You got to closed down. You got to stop shop. It's going to spread and kill elderly people. If you continue to scan, you are going to kill others. That's the facts! You got to stay at home. Stay with your family."

For more from Angus - his passionate please to stay home - go to 9:44 in the video above.

Angus, our thoughts are with you and your wife and your son in Barcelona.

Stay healthy,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Dan.

We are through the worst of it and hopefully building immunity. However, we are mid-40s and no underlying health issues. I have mild asthma and it did cause a lot of worry.

I wish our govt had acted earlier with a lockdown. It is hard to curtail our civil liberties but we have no choice now. Things will never be the same after this virus. It will become endemic and part of our way of life.

There is opportunity for Matterport operators as people understand the value of a digital twin. But not today. Focus on being a discoverable business when people need you after this virus has calmed down.

Stay home and please see www.bbc.co.uk for how Boris Johnson has ordered the nation to stay home or risk fines.

Best wishes to you all and be safe.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@angusnorriss

Thanks Angus for sharing your story. Stay healthy!

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
modularmind private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @angusnorriss

Hope you are doing ok.
I'm here in Melbourne Australia providing GeoCV and my work is ramping up. We aren't in lockdown here yet but it could get to that point pretty quickly. As of a few hours ago, alot of venues aren't allowed to be open and one in particular was real-estates aren't allowed to do open house inspections for customers. So real-estates will rely more on virtual tours. I would like to continue to provide my services but I also don't want to contribute to the problem.
What would you suggest are some practical methods to protect myself and others?
I'm happy to be in a full Hazmat suit if I have to.

Cheers
Richard
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ianx private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Angus,

Glad you’re both ok and good that you posted this plea ‘cause it’s a temptation to think continuing to provide a service is ‘a good thing’. If anyone still thinks that - read this:

✓ Business Insider (23 March 2020) An intensive-care expert broke down just how contagious the coronavirus is, showing how one person could end up infecting 59,000 in a snowball effect

Ian
Post 5 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
I have reduced all work to empty show homes only for developers. They must have all doors propped open and lights and lamps on. The site manager opens and closes for me. I also have antiseptic wipes and hand sanitiser which I use regularly.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
An estate agent sent me this of how they conducted a house viewing yesterday.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
@angusnorriss happy to hear on the recovery.. stay fit and fine.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
@Kumar thank you!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101629 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?