Matter Hacks: Deep Links Shortener | Video courtesy of Actionable Insights YouTube Channel (17 March 2020)

Hi All,

In this Actionable Insights YouTube Channel video, you will learn:

✓ how and why insurance claims use Matterport deep links
✓ how to create a deep link
✓ see new Matterport feature: short link for deep link

How else do you - might you - use Matterport deep links?

Best,

Dan

Transcript (Video above)

- Hello, and welcome to another episode of Matter Hacks, brought to you by Actionable Insights. My name is Seth Harrison, and today I've got an update for you. We have previously made a video on Matterport's deep-links.

And if you've ever seen us stream Matterport live, you know how passionate we are about deep-links because how transformative they can be for contractors and adjusters communicating in the property insurance industry.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about with deep-links, for every Matterport scan, you can define the starting location when the viewer presses play. I'm going to press play right here, you're going to see that it's going to load through the front door which I've defined as the starting location here.

And if you'd like to know more about defining those starting locations, we have another Matter Hacks video about defining the starting location.

But I'm going to jump over here in the scan to a piece of furniture over here in the dining room area. And I'm going to press 'U' on my keyboard. 'U' is going to bring up a link to location in the top right.

This is a Matterport deep-link. When I copy this to the clipboard, I open a new tab, I put it in, I press enter, it's not going to take me to the starting location of the front door. It's going to take me to exactly where I was looking at when I pressed 'U' on my keyboard.

So deep-links has F9 notes to help justify have been very transformative for those people that are leveraging Matterport's technology.

But, there was an inherent problem with something about the deep-links. I'm going to bring over a document here and show you that historically, this was the length of a deep-link. And in our original Matter Hacks deep-links video, we talked about using link shorteners like tinyurl.com which is free, or bitly.com.

In bitly you can have company branded deep-links similar to our actionable.org links on some of our social media platforms that we see now.

And to give you an idea of what these F9 notes look like when they were used in tinyurl, this is an example of part of our examining curriculum and one of our classes, It's basically, here's your F9 note with a Matterport deep-link that'll teleport you exactly to that quarter round that we were talking about in the F9 note. Now, Matterport is listening.

And what's amazing is that they have added this shorten URL as a part of their technology here. So now I can hit shorten URL, copy to clipboard. And instead of having a long link, it is this. And I have no need to jump to an external link shortener.

Matterport's doing it for me so that my F9 note can just be this now.

Matterport deep-link, here you go. This is awesome.

We love deep-links in Matterport's technology and seeing its effectiveness and helping adjusters and contractors set up claims, and to have this internal link shortener to make this process more efficient, is even better.

This has been another Matter Hacks video, please like, share and subscribe. And, I will see you next week.