Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pay Per ViewPPVWish List

State of Matterport pay per view virtual tours11231

mori private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,
hope you and your friends/families are all save and well.

As I have been absence for quite a while due to other projects I wanted to know the current state for solutions to build pay per view virtual tour.

Ideally with a real paywall and access protection and not a just hidden URL solution like Matterport would allow. Or is something meanwhile possible via the SDK?

Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@mori I would also like to know if anyone has been able to accomplish this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
With the Matterport SDK it can be done by below steps:

1 Data capture with a special start point:
You should select a special point to be the started point of your showcase.
How special?
1) it should be a start point of a narrow path to your real showcase room;
2) from this point you capture points one by one to the showcase room gate;
3) make sure the special point has the only path to the gate of the showcase room;
4) make sure you can't see the last point of the path (or the point at the gate of the room) from the specical start point;

2 Data processing on Matterport cloud normally
3 Set the special point to be start point of the showcase
4 Delete all the points on the path from start point to the showcase room gate, make the start point to be a single island, because from this point you can only go to the points that can be seen on the path but they were deleted and the all other points from the showcase room gate can't be seen(can't be seen means can't be access).
5 Set a Matttag at the start point that show the ticket link
6 Close "Doll View" and "Floorplan View" and "Snapshots" functions

When anyone enter the showcase, he will see the ticket link but he can't go anywhere because the path to the showcase gate was deleted.

Put everything in iframe of MP/embed page or other SDK platform.
And the SDK platform should have some code to accept a call from ticket link after payment and make a jump of your showcase to the real start point (the gate) of the showcase room.

Make a code controlled jump is easy in SDK. But difficult without it.
Any one with the showcase link only can't go anywhere but the single island.

It is easy to be done with Matterport SDK.
JuMP team don't have the access to the SDK but MP/embed can do that for sure.

"Doll View" and "Floorplan View" and "Snapshots" functions can be opened by SDK either.

BTW there is one leak for this methord:
If the user knows the parameter "&ss=#", that can make any point to be the start point of the showcase.
Maybe not many people know "&ss=#".

Thank you.
JuMP team from Beijing China
Post 3 IP   flag post
MatterTag
Export-Import
Service
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
HomePlanNZ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, we have...but not yet offered to the public as a service. We don't rely on being within Matterport to provide the necessary security.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@homeplannz When is your timeline to go public?

Ron
Post 5 IP   flag post
MatterTag
Export-Import
Service
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Web page going up today, promoting it as a service coming in the next few weeks and seeking expressions of interest. But can't/won't be talking a lot about it on this forum unless Dan approves, given we're not a full member of this site and can't promote services. But it is a cool leap forward to allow for monetization of 3D Tours.
Post 6 IP   flag post
tresdear private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP could you share an example?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@tresdear We do not have access to the Matterport SDK, so we can't make example.
Our idea is in theory. You can ask Chris at MP/embed to make a try.
Or if you can get the access of Matterport SDK, maybe we can make you a demo with your account.

BTW below is one old showcase from our old friend.
It is a E-ticket DEMO showcase that has a start point who is a single island point.
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=TfwGoj14J2D
(Don't click the link on MatterTag, it was damaged already.)

You should close doll view, floorplan view and active_reel in your real showcase to avoid users jump to other points through dollview, floorplan or active_reel.
This showcase is only show the single island start point and let you see the whole showcase too.

And if you know &ss=#, you can go any point if you like, don't need doll view or floorplan view or active_reel. Below is an example:
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=TfwGoj14J2D&ss=11

So our theory isn't 100 percent secure.
If you want to have 100 percent secure, you must backup all showcase data from Matterport server and make the showcase page by yourself or 3rd party services.
Post 8 IP   flag post
MatterTag
Export-Import
Service
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
We spent quite a bit of time researching how best to do it, including @JuMP your earlier post explaining something similar to the above. Though what you are outlining might technically be possible, it's not really the right way to go about it. PPV needs a constant handshake between the ticket holder, the duration that ticket is valid for, and the walkthrough. The SDK won't give you the functions you need to achieve those things.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@homeplannz To my knowledge the handshake, ticket valid things are very common technology that many vendors can provide. The items related to the Matterport showcase and how to keep security are the key points of this application. Your solution must defend unauthorized access.

Show us your DEMO, we would like the see how advance your solution can be.
Maybe we can test your DEMO showcase to see how secure your PPV showcase was.

Thank you.
Post 10 IP   flag post
tresdear private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, both.

We are setting a team for think and design (trying, at least) a PPV solution. Next question: it is possible to get access to the SDK? Which are the requirements asked by Matterport?

Sorry for our ignorance.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@tresdear Yes, ask Matterport.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
We can make you demo if you get access to Matterport SDK.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Here is a philosophical question along these same lines, I though my camera Pro 2 was stolen today. Would you reinvest in a new MP Pro2 or would you buy something different. I real though about it most of the day and I am not really sure I would. My camera is covered by insurance and no requirements to replace with same type of camera and I get 90% replacement so I am just not sure if I would.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I would. I consider GeoCV to be much better but with uncertainty of what is going to happen to them it is more risky using them now than Matterport.

I was about to buy their kit but they decided to move to Russia, shut down live person support for all existing users and I stopped considering them.

I may ditch Matterport if Labpano can do very well with their Pilot Tours solution. However it is 4 month since we know about it and it is still not released for Labpano Pilot Era cameras. And as far as I know even owners of Pilot One cameras cannot test it properly.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
This PPV idea is fascinating. Will be watching.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101436 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?