Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceCapture AppScanning

how to scan mezzanines and spiral staircase in matterport11182

Michaela private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,
I would like to ask you for advice. I will be making a virtual tour for my client - it is a huge house. It is not a typical house, it has 3 floors and 2 mezzanines.
1st is groundfloor, where the laundry room and two other rooms
2nd floor are kitchen and living room
3rd floor are children rooms

There are two mezzanine. First mezzanine is between 1st and 2nd floor. On the first mezzanine is only master bedroom, and on the second mezzanine, which is between 2nd and 3rd floor is only one room - workroom.

I would appreciate very much to hear your advice, how many stairs should I scan? 3 or 5? Another problem is that in that house is spiral staircase and I have never scanned any house with this type of staircase.

Thank you so much!
Michaela
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
For the stairs I just do hi-lo scans. Do a normal scan at the bottom of the stairs. Move the tripod slightly and raise as high aa it will go. Scan again. At the top of the stairs put the tripod as low aa it goes and scan. For most staircases with 10-12 steps it will align. Then create second floor and raise tripod to normal height. Fast way to do stairs and I think makes stairs much easier to navigate. As for the mezzanine Matterport is pretty good at figuring it out. Remember naming floors is for our benefit not the cameras.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
Oboldyrev private msg quote post Address this user
For spiral staircases I go every two steps or so. You can tell how far you can go by your previous scan. As long as your camera can see your previous scan you should be ok. As @THRHHI mentioned if the steps are short you can scan at full height at the bottom and reduced height at the top. If the steps are longer I usually set up a tripod somewhere in the middle. And if the steps are really really long I do intermediate scans every 5 steps or so.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Michaela private msg quote post Address this user
okey guys, thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
101641 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?