Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BillingBusiness Plan

Any reason to hang onto more than one classic plan?11088

WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Is there any value left in holding an additional Classic Plan?

I'm seeing people want to sell off their old plans with 100+ models. Which we know was billed at $49/mo or $499/yr.

If you already have a Classic plan. You get billed $19/mo to load up to another 50 models. The math as I see it looks like Classic users are billed up to $228/year for 50 more spaces or $456/yr to host another 100.

Would the only benefit here is to lighten the load of one one heavy user client and offset your other work? The folders appear to do a good job at sorting repeat clients and portfolio tours.

We have lost out on our upload credits from tour models with over 99 scans regardless of our tour credits allotted for each month. No savings using a Ricoh or other cameras for faster or more effective tours.

Do you see any value in picking up another Classic Plan?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV it is still the best plan out there their new plans make ZERO sense or cents... Want to pay USD7400 + per year for hosting over 200+ models?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
Yeah, I'm about to break 200 one plan. Not excited at all to see $7,400 to host the same # if a pro3 comes out, you know these same rules will apply with Ricoh and others not allowing a new camera to upload to the classic plan. I want nothing to do with the new plans.

SO sticking with what we got is best and not snaggin up any of the other old. There's simply no reason is there?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I opened a new plan to save on processing fees(i had a few big models). However considering it was almost a year ago it was stupid. I saved may be $150 but paid almost $700 over a less than a year for the new plan($69/monthly). It may save you a lot to have two if you are scanning a few times a week as processing on new plans is free no matter how big your model is and there is no limit. However in my situation and looking back it was really stupid of me. And you know what is more stupid? I still have both plans, process a new model under the new plan(still having untouched 3 for the limit on classic) and move models from the new to the classic one.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
BTW, somebody wants to get rid of their classic one on MOUG. Not sure how it can be transferred and I am sure there is a risk of Matterport saying "no" to this operation but you can try to get it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
@Wingman - Thank you for sharing your experience! I value the opinion of one who has lived in the shoes as a first responder versus me being one looking from the outside in. The appeal was huge when the new pricing unveiled just one year ago and took many months to show what classic options existed.

Was the choice stupid? I think not. Many of us were in a bind not exactly sure what options were to be in store for us who were about to tap out. I for one pulled back on offering Matterport tours waiting for the dust to settle and waited for low ballers to fall off the table as "competition". Then deleting unnecessary tours to unfaithful agents to uphold sticking around.

I hope Matterport felt the hit of many of us holding back. I hope that his is what urged Upper Management to allow a softer blow in pricing on the faithful not to loose us all right about the time of our loss of Super Dee Johnson.

SO the possible gold here could be processing under a new plan doesn't cost at all. Transferring to an old plan could be where some gravy lies if any of us took on a new plan. As for having 2 Classic plans, probably nothing that jumps out to say this is a deal..... Thank you!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV

Is this WGAN Forum discussion helpful to you?

$19/50 additional space block is part of the classic plans/still applicable

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV

Is this WGAN Forum discussion helpful to you?

How to game the new Matterport Pricing

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?