Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 Cameras3D CameraEyeSpy360

Matterport Service Provider Seeks to Make a Change: Recommendation?11056

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A WGAN Member writes:

----

Hi Dan,

I'm looking to get rid of my matterport 3D (2016) camera. The hosting fees are increasing and its less appealing as a business owner to move forward with the software and hosting. Do you recommend a comparable 3D camera for real estate? Thank you. I value your opinion.

[redacted]

----

My reply.

Hi [redacted],

Thank you for reaching out.

Since you are a long-time Matterport Service Provider, your Matterport classic pricing should have remained the same.

To help me make a recommendation regarding which of 50 3D/360 cameras - and which of 130 3D/360 virtual tour hosting platforms, please help me understand your 3D/360 virtual tour needs.

In the mean time, does the EyeSpy360 virtual tour platform meet your needs? Before selling your Matterport Pro1 3D Camera, you could use it to create 360º panoramas that you can upload to EyeSpy360 to take this platform for a spin.

(The EyeSpy360 special pricing for WGAN Members expires 29 February 2020.)

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Am I the only person still excited about the matterport platform and fairly happy with pricing? I wish it were lower, but the enterprise account is lump sum and remains the same month to month. As you dump models into the system the $/mo number gets pretty low. I’m currently paying about 0.63 per tour per month which includes current processing fees. Seems reasonable to me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll add to Dan’s thread that I am finding some of my customers prefer 360° Tours over Mattterport. It’s about 50/50 for me. Some like MP’s dollhouse, smooth automated tours and accurate floor plans, but others prefer the ease with which 360° tours can display both indoors and outdoors, and the lower cost. A few prefer 360° tours regardless of the cost differential, in other words, they’d be happy to pay the same for either.

As we know, MP takes longer to shoot, but generally a 360 tour takes longer to post-produce, making and checking all the navigation links and adding nice labels, etc. Some of the 360° tour platforms are adding simplified dollhouse renderings and smoother, more lifelike, transitions between nodes, all of which further blur the line between platforms.

All this to say, I think anyone serving residential real estate today should offer both MP and 360° tours. For AEC, MP still excels due to the accuracy of measurements, but my RE clients care less.

I haven’t yet tried EyeSpy360 but it looks quite powerful. 3DVista also looks pretty spectacular. Since there are so many 360° tour platforms I’m doing a lot of research and pondering, as I want to invest the learning time in something I’ll stay with for years.

Maybe hang onto the MP Pro camera until you’re fully underway with 360° projects, but it’s a reasonable decision. For fast shooting of high-quality 360° images, the Ricoh Z1 is great. Dependable WiFi, solid onboard and fast HDR, raw images if you prefer. Good night shooting as well, if you use a good tripod for the time exposure.

Good luck with your transition.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101428 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?