Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Example TourHomeAwayMarketingVRBO

Anyone have a VRBO/HomeAway w/Virtual Tour that I could use for a demo?11013

Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
I want to reach out to some local VRBO/HomeAway owners to try to get some business but I haven't done one yet and I can't find any that have one already.

Does anyone have one that I could use to demo to potential customers?

It would be greatly appreciated!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Richierichks:

I do a ton of these - here's an example of photography + Matterport converted to 360 Tour on VRBO:

https://www.vrbo.com/1071132

I will caution you that there is currently a bigtime glitch with this, and neither Matterport or VRBO seems to want to help me - I have about 20 tours that have not published, even though Matterport has said that publication was successful. It used to be falling-off-a-log simple and nearly instantaneous.

Two T-Rex-sized organizations that could give a tinkers dam about supporting these applications, IMO

Best,

Keith
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@Chemistrydoc

Thank you for the example and the information too! I wondered about it since it doesn't seem like anything Matterport does other than the standard Matterport showcase actually works properly. Such a great potential for income here, I wish they would get their stuff together!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
That's what is driving me crazy - for about 3 months, they really had it together......now..????

You're right - it's not anything near the experience that Matterport is, but it is what we have - kinda like the Zillow 3D Home. The real advantages have little to do with the photography!

Best wishes,

Keith
Post 4 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Hey Doc, hope you are staying healthy and making some money during all of this craziness!

Just circling back to see if you have found that Matterport has fixed the glitches with VRBO publishing.

I received an email from them the other day promoting it and assumed they wouldn't promote something that doesn't work (probably a foolish assumption). LOL

Seems to me that this shelter in place order is a perfect time to be shooting these kinds of places since they are undoubtedly mostly vacant.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
@Richierichks

Thanks for the reminder - yes, they did fix it. The problem was probably on the Matterport end, but getting them to admit it....well, you know!

I am doing at least 5-7 vacation rental properties a week for one client, and we are using this time to maximize our efficiency and throughput. You can also advertise doing it for those with existing VRBO listings as an add-on. The basic is to sell them the tour that appears on the listing. Then, you can upsell them to a single-page property website with Matterport, their photos, and THEIR contact info (not VRBO's). One booking a year through the private channel would more than double the up-front cost of what I charge for the landing page.

Cheers! Stay safe!!

Keith
Post 6 IP   flag post
jacobpmac private msg quote post Address this user
@Chemistrydoc

How have you been prospecting these VRBO leads?? They have submission forms for their clients, but obviously they have no other contact information. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?