Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FlyIn VideoGoogle EarthLegal

Use of Google Earth Footage in Commercial Work10938

Peter360 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone ever had actual clearance/clarification to use google earth imagery for "commercial" work?

Every time I ask this question I get no answer, which I guess may be the answer?

My reading (I am not a lawyer) of their terms say it is not allowed.

For non-commercial (educational etc.) usage is OK provided copyright and google logo not altered.

So I guess if I decide to use it on my own sites etc. that is my risk but is it OK to supply as part of a paid for service/package to another business?

I know that there are plenty of examples of use (e.g. as fly in to matterport tour video) so is it a sufficiently grey area or am I plain wrong in my reading of the terms?

Seeking clarification because, like many others i guess, I'd like to use this resource and save the drone.
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Every time I use it and I use 3 to 4 tines a week all I have to do is make sure the Google Earth logo is in it and that's all they say it needs to have.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Peter360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure you are right and honestly perhaps I am just being too pedantic but what they say is:

"Thanks for considering creative applications of Google Maps, Google Earth, and Street View.

These guidelines are for non-commercial use, except for the limited use cases described below. If you want to use Google Maps, Google Earth, or Street View for other commercial purposes – meaning “for sale or revenue-generating purposes” – please contact the Google Cloud Customer Team."
source: https://www.google.com/permissions/geoguidelines/

And I am not aware of anyone confirming they have had such a confirmation from the Google Cloud Customer Team.

I can't imagine how including that footage is anything other than commercial if it is with in a service the customer pays for?

As I say I'd like it all to be OK but just nervous against those clear terms supplying to a customer. However perhaps I am being too cautious?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Spring, TX
Photography360 private msg quote post Address this user
Certainly interesting. I was under the impression that all you needed was to show the logo but I cannot remember where I read this and it was some time ago.
I am no lawyer so it would be good to get a definitive decision on this.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101635 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?