Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppFloor PlansShow TourTimerWish ListWP3D Models

Matterport Capture App - Wish List10930

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ron0987
This is what I was talking about the limitations of the MP trim line. I wish they would make trim work like a typical CAD program. If it would work like that then your problem be resolved.

Above is from the WGAN Forum discussion:

Help me clear up the use of the trim tool in Matterport

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @cgraft

I would actually use my current Theta camera for certain tours if Matterport supported capturing from one lens, waiting for a second, then capturing the other side.

Giving the photographer time to walk around the camera is what they need to work on to sell more of these to us.

RICOH THETA Z1 51GB; 23 MG 6720x3360 px/Supports RAW-$1,045-Ships May 2021

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @jcyin
Has anyone been able to solve the issue where the Matterport Capture app ignores the Ricoh Theta Z1's time shift plugin settings?

For folks using the Z1, do you still need to hide when scanning?

Ricoh Z1 + Matterport Capture Delay

This request keeps coming up. Seems like a great feature for Matterport to enable.

Dan
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Video: How to Work With 360 Markups and the 360 MarkupList in HoloBuilder | Video courtesy of HoloBuilder YouTube Channel | 3 June 2021

Hi All,

Seems like a "wish list" item for Matterport Capture and Workshop?

From the HoloBuilder YouTube Channel

Learn how to work with 360 Markups and the 360MarkupList in the JobWalk App and in the Web Editor.

HoloBuilder (https://www.holobuilder.com) is the fast & secure Construction Progress Management platform, powered by 360° Photo Capture. Proven & trusted by 59% of ENR TOP 100 Contractors.

HoloBuilder is the fastest and easiest way to document construction site progress with 360° Photo Capture in a secure SaaS cloud environment, covering all phases of the project lifecycle. With a super-fast and efficient workflow, you can create a Digital Progress Record of your job site and access it remotely from anywhere.

HoloBuilder provides a complete Digital Progress Record of construction activities including who, what, where, when, why, and how - eliminating doubt.
• Track and analyze daily or weekly site progress in 360°
• Reduce documentation time by 80%
• Know current site condition anytime and from anywhere
• Create impressive handover documents for owners
• Build trust & collaboration among team members & stakeholders

HoloBuilder Use Cases Include:
• As-Built Documentation
• Site Planning
• Progress Tracking
• In-Wall & Pre-Pour Documentation
• OAC Meeting Visuals
• Change Order & RFI Documentation

Source: HoloBuilder YouTube Channel
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport needs to add a smartphone rotator to pair with Matterport Capture.
Post 30 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Helmet Cam capture solution needs the Capture app to automate the process of snapping photos or video.

Video: Hard Hat Mounted 360 Camera with Capture from Matterport

Dan
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VTLV
If they truly wanted to implement preventative measures. They would bring back that auto update OFF button that allowed us to slightly control when the app was to be updated.

Let their most recent newbie "I'm gonna start a 360 business entrepreneur" get the latest and greatest update. Then cry a day later to everyone about the latest update while shooting on site with a help needed immediately software issue.

The rest of us placebos can sit back and take notes off the control subjects that way.

Thank you for sharing
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
If Matterport does the following all of us with Ipad/Iphones with LiDARs will have have huge improvements.
Instead of making Axis to engage built in IOS devices LiDARs Matterport should develop and allow sweeping mode with these LiDARs.

That will simply bring a very powerfull tool to fill any holes in your models. That will help to generate 3D data and texture both indoor and outdoor in seconds. Even though it may be hard to generate all geometry in one go like capturing a sunlit wall and a floor in one go filling these gaps just for the floor is huge improvements and it will save us on errors with using Cortex and will save a lot of time.
Also think about how easy it will be to fill any gap behind some furniture where now we are forced to do a scan and have a pointless 360 photo as well that nobody needs in a tour. Just sweep behind in a few seconds and it will be filled with data and texture and on top of that there will be nothing to hide in Matterport workshop as a pointless for a viewer spot.

There is plenty of apps now that can allow using LiDARs and they are all working in a sweeping mode so it should be absolutely possible to do it with the capture app.

Meanwhile one day I will simply try to sweep a void in my tour with say Polycam app, save it as obj and try to cover the void using Captur3D virtual staging. If it works it can be a walkaround that will take some time but until Matterport can see they can actually help us a lot that seems to be the only way.
Post 33 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport Capture App Wish List
---

Matterport should publish a public known issues report (and keep it current).

Example of "why" from the WGAN Forum discussion:

New Matterport app version 2.0 is completely broken on Android

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @wildcatdave71
My phone auto updated to version 2.0 of the matterport app. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy s20. The app is now completely unusable. Every single shot... processing takes anywhere from 1 to 2 minutes and half the time it just disappears and stops processing, sometimes the app closes, sometimes it goes back to the page that shows all of your jobs. Previously processing would take less than 10 seconds and I could shoot another shot while it was processing in the background.

I will often then reshoot that same spot and that one will disappear as well. Occasionally both of them will then show up later stacked on top of each other. At this point it's unusable and I use this nearly every day to shoot houses and large commercial properties for clients.

Luckily I have a tablet that I've also installed the app on previously that I used for some jobs. For some reason even though Auto update was set in the Play store it did not update and still has version 1.46 of the app. I was able to use that today to do two shoots with normal fast processing and everything worked properly.

I have contacted support and they said they know about this issue, they're working on a fix. They said there is no way to roll back to the older version as once the app is updated that is the only version available. If any of you are experiencing this and do not have an alternate older version installed you are basically stuck until they fix this.

I cannot believe this wasn't tested. The new app was only out for a day and I contacted them and they said they knew about this already, which means there has been a flood of people getting a hold of them in less than 24 hours from release. This is completely unprofessional for a piece of software that is used for people's livelihood.

It's quite obvious how faulty it is, they should have experienced this repetitively during testing, assuming they did any testing at all. I switched from Ricoh tours because of their inability to have stable software and it looks like Matterport can't do any better. I love when companies release new versions with all these features that apparently everyone's asking for (I don't really know anyone that needed or asked for these new features). And then they stuff the software full of new stuff and then break the basic functionality.

If you're experiencing this issue please pester their support team and let them know how ridiculous an untested update is for such a huge number of users.

Just to test it I also loaded the new version on a different tablet that has a different Android operating system and it also does not work on that one. So it is not just my phone, the app is completely broken and they should have known this if they even spent 10 minutes testing.

If I could switch to another company I immediately would as I don't believe in supporting a company that thinks it's okay to release software onto professional clients that's absolute trash.
Post 34 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport Capture App Wish List
---

Matterport should publish a public known issues report (and keep it current).

Example of "why" from the WGAN Forum discussion:

Help! Matterport App not working, jobs not being processed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Hi All,

WGAN Member @Pedrotex69 reports the following issues with Matterport Capture app versions 5.1.0 and 5.2.0. (As of 10:30 am ET Tuesday, September 20, 2022).

Are you having the same issues? Work around?

Thanks,

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrotex69
Hi all,

This morning when I switched on my iPad Pro it started automatically to do an update without me requesting it, it took between 10 to 15 minutes to open the App and version 5.1.0 was installed.

I try to upload a job that I needed and all looked as it should, the percentage started to go up until 100% and the cloud symbol appeared on the job, but when I went to my Pc to make sure the job was being processed I could not found it, and also noticed that the number of my available spaces was still the same, had not gone down one as it should.

So I did several more attempts and if tried with different jobs, but always the same result, nothing is being sent to the cloud to be processed.

I have contacted Matterport Support which told me that one of there latest version add that bug, so I should go to the App Store and Update it, not delete it otherwise I would lose all my jobs.

So I did that and version 5.2.0 is now installed, but the same problem persists can't upload anything at the moment, so Matterport Support told me that they will send me an email, not sure of how much good that will be.

Anyone else is having similar issues?

All the best,
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages
By the way - it would be awesome if Matterport would support Theta plugins like Time Shift

Or even better if Matterport would incorporate this function for all supported 360 cameras into the capture app - this could be a real time saver and speed up capturing with 360s even more.

Imagine cortex with a 50 ft radius on an iPad Pro M2 with 16GB Ram and 5 seconds captures standing next to a 360 camera like the theta x with time shift. You could capture 10.000 square meters in maybe 1 hour - 80.000 square meters per day!
Post 36 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
I even wrote a voice trigger with Siri that starts capturing a scan when I say "capture it". Voice to text is very good with Siri.
Post 37 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Source: LinkedIn post
Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I was sure this question was about a 3D tour viewing .. the way it is shown to others.
If I am right and it is not about the capture app minimap I would like to add to the wish list for the app that it would be nice to be able to rotate a minimap during scanning and lock it in a specific orientation. Nothing is more annoying and time consuming to figure out where you have missed a spot in order to cover it with a scan in a huge space where minimap stays in a wrong orientation to the one you are going.
Post 39 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @EMILIANO
Hi Guys,

Why is the 3D VIEW function of the survey in progress missing from the CAPTURE Matterport APP? Has Matterport ever given an official response on this topic? Seeing the draft model of the doll's house, in my opinion, would help the scanning phases a lot.

E.
Post 40 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

More to do with the horsepower required to build the point cloud for the 3D model and depending on the camera used for the capture as the supported 360 camera do not actually capture any 3D data
Post 41 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

The following Matterport Capture "Wish List" item was added to this WGAN Forum discussion:

Question of the Day: Your experience fixing a misaligned scan with Realign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Buster6070
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlanHambright
I think I got it to work once.

Same here. Seems like it usually just snaps back to the original position after processing. I don't even attempt it anymore, it's just too inconsistent. Faster to delete the scan and rescan and hope for a better result.

Dan
Post 42 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
From the WGAN Forum discussion:

==> Any Fix for MP's "Print-Quality" Photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Fathom3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
@Shakoure Just keep going and maybe start saving money for the Pro3 - this camera solves most of the quality issues with Matterport snapshots.

When I used to shoot for residential luxury real estate I was often shooting estates larger than 4000 sqft interior plus exterior. 20+ rooms in total. Some of them bigger than 10.000 sqft interior space.

For these properties I have developed a special Matterport technique that I am calling ”shoot4photography” with Matterport. You shoot the regular tour slightly above door knob level and also take some extra “photography” shots in lower level at the sweet spots.

I had to work with this process because clients and realtors only provided a certain time frame between 1/2 day or maximum full day for the shooting, which made it impossible to take the extra walk with a professional Photo System Camera (DSLR). Especially not in these mega properties.

So I learned to improve the quality from the Matterport snapshots and developed this shoot4photography process slightly overshooting (shooting more points than necessary). My material even went on print and we were very very successful with these images.

I’m still offering my “shoot4photography” workflow in all time-critical virtual tour situations - even though I am not shooting single residential real estate anymore. This workflow gives great material in good quality (Pro3) and with outstanding perspectives in the virtual tour and also in the optional flythrough/video mode (play button).

This is the process we use as well. But it's a hassle to move the tripod height up and down, and to go back after processing to edit the tour to disable the low positions in the walkthrough.

What would help:
1) A motorized tripod that will raise and lower at the click of a button. These exist, but we don't have one yet.
2) Matterport updates their Capture system to include something like:
A) Automatic detection of low positions, disabled by default if we check that box in our account.
OR
B) Simple process for marking a scan during capture as "to be disabled". After processing, these low scans are disabled automatically. No need for wasted time editing the scan positions after processing.
[/quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages
@Fathom3D
For the detection of low tripod positions I used to check the VR editing mode. But unfortunately this editing mode is gone and the VR is created automatically. I must check the Matterport VR version with my Quest3, I have no idea if there have been any updates lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Fathom3D
@MeshImages That's interesting.

The thing is, we don't want to edit the scan positions in Matterport tour at all after processing. The obvious time to do that is on site, when we're actually making the decision of which scans are for a better dollhouse, which are for 2D photos, and which are for the walkthrough. It's duplicated effort to go back and assess all over again the next day. (Usually this is done by a different person, not the one who captured the space. So it's easy for them to miss the nuance.)

We want to deliver the link the the client, dust our hands off, and keep moving. Imagine how much time could be saved if we didn't have to duplicate this effort with every space scanned? This seems like low hanging fruit for Matterport. It's probably lost in a sea of other feature requests.
Post 43 IP   flag post
101438 43 18