Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Today we used the MP at a big supermarked. everything went great. Bit complicated as the first customers arrived but we managed to work araount that.

Now i am proccessing the file and set up a walk true. As i start the walk true the image is blurry and its like your walking true the mesh file. As soon as you are at your destination snapshot it gets sharp. Thats ok but the walk it self is not good. Is this something we need to live with or am i doing something wrong.

Greetings, Rene The Netherlands.
Post 1 IP   flag post
geoffllerena private msg quote post Address this user
Link please!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
If you're referring to the Walkthrough feature, this is how the application was made to work. As you move, you see a mesh view that is a bit out of focus and causes the improvements to appear a bit disheveled. I think some people won't mind this, but some clients will not care for this feature.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Shane private msg quote post Address this user
I nearly lost a client when I presented the showcase with this option, he believing that was the result of the scans. I had to change the setting to a slideshow and ask him to have a look again. He and others have shown a strong preference to the slideshow over the walk through, given its poor rendering when moving from scan point to scan point.

If this could be improved I am sure it would be a winner but in the end I think it would rely heavily on the viewers bandwidth given each scan is about 1 Meg of download as I understand.
Post 4 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Mikesobay & Shane

To Mikesobay, Thanks for your answer. I understand what you are saying but i think when we pay al lot of money for a application that provides in visualisation we need to get the best possible. The way it is now is not acceptable. You can't present this to your clients. Its my opinion that MP needs to fix this so we can offer the best Visuals to our clients. And if it takes more processing or rendering time so be it. Its to easy to say this is what it is, our that people don't care.

To Shane, Hi, I agree with you. This afternoon i hjave a presentation for a big company that provides in real time consumer routings tru all kind of spaces. I am not sure if i am going to show them the walk true. Its not right, not from this day and age. I am going to move manualy true the space and hope to leave a big impression about the possibilities of the camera behind. I hope that MP is working on this to make it better.

To both of you, keep scanning its amazing. Grtz Rene.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Shane private msg quote post Address this user
It is coincidental that the latest Matterport Workshop Tips is relating to "Creating Guided Tours"

I have had a read through and it goes someway to helping us to make a more improved walk through. One needs to have the walk through in mind when doing the scans as well.

Have a read:

http://matterport.com/blog/workshop-tips-creating-guided-tours/
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?