Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.objWebGL

Please help me understand Matterport .obj Meets WebGL ...10842

srennick private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to expand my knowledge and get additional advice about taking the raw data from a Matterport capture and the process of cleaning it up and optimizing it for a webGL experience for desktop and mobile devices. What can you tell me about the process?
Post 1 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting question...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Huntington, NY
vtg360 private msg quote post Address this user
How do you access the raw data within matterport? I thought it was a closed system?

In regards to your question, I believe krpano could be a pathway.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
With MatterPak you can get OBJ file and all textures for further process.
But the OBJ in MatterPak is a high resolution file and it is too big for a webpage display.

The mesh showing in the Matterport showcase page is an optimized OBJ file with <50K faces and small textures. It is the one you can use in your webpage applications, but the file is in Matterport format named .dam file. You must decode it before you use it.

JuMP team provide services JuMP-POP to our members (who is the showcase onwer) to have the optimized OBJ file and highest resolution panos. (Matterport haven't provide that to all their users.)

We do make a decoder of .DAM file.
You can PM me for detail.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101426 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?