Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360360 PanoBlueSketch

How to upload staged 360 pano back to Matterport?10838

Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all you smart people. Blue-Sketch is staging 360 panoramas now, and I was searching the forum for an answer to this question.

One archived thread from last year suggest we either upload as a Mattertag, or use the separate 360 upload https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/225260768-Include-360-Views-in-your-Space#i-review-your-360%C2%BA-views-0-0

In other words: We are not allowed to upload a staged 360 pano as part of the tour afterwards in Workshop?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
As far as I’m aware, altered panos cannot be uploaded to Matterport tours except perhaps as Mattertags. This was a phenomenal and unique capability of GeoCV’s brilliant system, but MP has shown no interest in offering this feature, as far as I’m aware.

If, in your marketplace, 360° Tours are also salable (they’ve been an attractive service to many of my clients) then look at NodalView. Its system is completely agnostic. You can download, retouch, upload, add panos from other 360° cameras, add aerial panos, do virtually anything you can dream up. If you’re determined to have a dollhouse view, even that can be added as an add-on and it actually has a navigational capability, though furniture does not appear in 3D in the dollhouse view. Some of my clients actually prefer NodalView to Matterport aesthetically. As for me, I’m happy when my clients are happy.
Post 2 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D Sorry to change subject... Assuming you use Nodalview for 360 Tours, do you also use them for still photos?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@bryanhscott - No I haven't been using it for stills. NodalView's automated HDR is one of the best I've seen, however my clients are generally high-end, average property is about $2M, so their expectation is for dedicated traditional HDR photography for stills. I shoot 'raw' with a full-frame Sony a7sii which has been wonderful for several years. But in a pinch for very quick and immediately available stills, I certainly would consider NodalView.

One of the 'tricks' which it seems to use is to render shots slightly warm in color temperature. Indoor shots struggle between the daylight color of outdoors (~5500K), the incandescent lamps used in most homes (~3200K) and the bluish cast on "open shade" home interiors due to blue skies' reflection. Shots vary, but NodalView favors the warmer tones which makes its photos and panos more appealing to the human eye. Humans find warm tones more appealing than cool. Anyway, whatever NodalView's engineers decided, I think they made pretty good choices.
Post 4 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D Thanks for the feedback. It means a lot.

My camera of choice is also the Sony A7SII, but I don't have the expertise to quickly make my images look like I would prefer. As such, I find myself needing to outsource the re-touching, or more involved post-processing.

My client base deals in residential property that is at a far lower price point, which makes outsourcing less affordable.

Recently, I signed up for a Nodalview trial and am quite impressed with their in-app processing. The HDR seems better than what comes out of the Sony even after my own minor re-touching. There are a few very minor tweeks I would make in Photoshop, but I believe they are quite good as-is.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@PetraSoderling MPEmbed.com could show a solution for this in the near future. Chris Hickman announced, that soon, the ‘Pro’ account will add support for file uploads which will simplify the ability to add custom logos, background music and other assets into your tour.

Until MPEmbeds solution shows up, I would recommend to use 3D Vista Pro with their LivePano and VirtualStaging solutions.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the update on MPEmbed @MeshImages that's interesting news. I will wait for an update from Chris.

To clarify, our company Blue-Sketch DOES Virtual Staging so we are not looking for another Virtual Staging tool. I was asking if there's a way to upload a staged pano back to the original Matterport tour.

For reference, here's a sample of Blue-Sketch 360 staging quality. All: feel free to use in your marketing if you like.

https://kuula.co/post/7vQr8/collection/7l9hy

<script src="https://static.kuula.io/embed.js" data-kuula="https://kuula.co/share/collection/7l9hy?fs=1&vr=1&sd=1&thumbs=1&chromeless=1&logo=0" data-width="100%" data-height="640px"></script>
Post 7 IP   flag post
101637 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?