Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BillingIssuesMatterportMatterport SupportMuseumsWish List

Dear Matterport - Your "Large Space" Billing Stinks!10827

Buffalo, NY
iTours360VR private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a long time Matterport Service Partner who is big on "doing whatever it takes" to do the right thing for my customers. I'm also big on establishing solid business relationships based on trust and character. So when I see something that's "NOT right" (that also doesn't make any logical sense) I need to bring it out in the open so Matterport, and the Matterport community, can see and understand what is "NOT right" with the current "Large Space" billing situation.

I just got off the phone with a Matterport Customer Success rep who "understood the issue" and gave me their word that it would be passed along to those who could make a current wrong - right. But just in case it isn't able to move forward or lands on deaf ears, this is what's "NOT right."

My company pays Matterport hundreds of dollars a month which allows us to capture up to (11) 100 scans or less spaces at no additional cost.

Our last monthly bill was almost twice what it normally is primarily because it included a some "100+ scan" models. Even though our plan includes up to (11) 100 scans or less models, once your model hits 101 scans or more -- that model NO LONGER QUALIFIES as one of the (11) included in your plan. It is treated like an "ANOMALY" and significantly dings the account with an extra charge.

Here's a simple example to illustrate what is "NOT right" with the current Matterport billing scenario:

Say you simply scan (3) spaces for the month - but (2) of those spaces are 101 (or more) scans.
Here's where the craziness starts:

ONLY (1) of the (3) spaces is credited from the allotted (11) per month.
The other (2) spaces are NOT given ANY credit from the (11) allotted spaces.
IN FACT, THEY ARE NOT ONLY VOIDED "ANY CREDIT" - BUT YOUR ACCOUNT IS HIT BY SEPARATE "LARGE SPACE" FEES THAT ARE ADDED ON TOP OF YOUR MONTHLY PLAN!!

The IRONY:

If you break a 200 scan model into (2) 100 scan models (and link them together) there would be NO ADDITIONAL COST AT ALL BECAUSE THE TWO MODELS WOULD BE COVERED UNDER THE (11) ALLOTTED PER MONTH!
So Matterport will not charge anything for processing (2) 100 scan models -- but feels it's right to NOT CREDIT any model over 100 scans - PLUS CHARGE A SEPARATE LARGE PROCESSING FEE!

Let's recap. That's no charge to process (2) spaces -- but EXTRA CHARGE to process (1) equivalent space. As Larry the Cable Guy says, "It's like wiping before you poop -- it don't make no sense!!??"

So looking at the example again, if the original (3) models became (5) -- by splitting the two large 101+ models into two linked models each equal or less than the 100 scan limit -- THERE WOULD BE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE BECAUSE THE (5) WOULD BE ACCOUNTED FOR WITHIN THE (11) ALLOTTED PER MONTH.

My hope is that Matterport becomes aware of the error in their ways and does "the right thing" to correct this "Large Space" anomaly that is simply "NOT right." Matterport Nirvana could resume if we wouldn't be forced to break up larger models into 100 scan sections just to fall within an ILL-CONCEIVED RULE. If processing (2) 100 scan models is covered under the plan -- why can't a 200 scan model be treated the same by crediting (2) of the (11) allotted spaces?

Thank You Matterport - I Trust You Will Do the Right Thing and Fix This Extra Fee Faux Pas!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Yes good point. They should just count it as two spaces and if it goes over 200 as three. That would make more sense.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Buffalo, NY
It's logical (makes sense), it's fair, and it's the right way to do it. Enough said.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately, this idea once worked in the past in the favor of "Matterport Service Partners". But did little for shareholder returns, so this got slid in while everyone else focused on complaining about another topic with our newest CEO.

These guys are operating like our elected officials. While the US was waiting for airstrikes from Iran, an adjustment to the Americans with Disabilities Act was being posted for a vote. Every time we have the news posting a mass shooting, take a look at what law is on the books for the day. When Matterport makes a statement about one topic that upsets some of our peers, start checking on your account for another change.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ianx private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTours360VR
If you break a 200 scan model into (2) 100 scan models (and link them together)...

...could you clarify a bit for me please - do you mean duplicate a 200 scan model and delete 1st 100 scans from the first model & 2nd hundred scans from the duplicate model before processing ...and then ask Matterport Support to join the two models for you?
Or just scan 2 separate (100scan) models ...and then ask Matterport Support to join the two models for you?
Or something else...?
It’d be helpful to know before my next (imminent) shoot, so Thanks-in-advanceπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Post 5 IP   flag post
Buffalo, NY
If you had a larger space to capture that required 200 scans -- and you shot them all as part of one cohesive model -- you'd be over the 100 scan mark which would automatically disqualify it from being one or even two of the (11) free models included in your monthly fee. Additionally, you would incur a hefty "Large Space" fee.

To avoid the extra "Large Space" fee you could shoot the same venue as two 100 scan models. This then allows you to deduct the (2) models from the allotted (11) per month -- PLUS you wouldn't get dinged with the senseless "Large Space" fee (although it would be one additional model floating in the Matterport cloud which would add one more model to your plan).

You would then need to link them through a Matter-tag that would teleport you to each half of the venue via each model's URL. REDICULOUS - RIGHT??!! Matterport, in essence, is implying that it costs them more to process a 200 scan model than (2) 100 scan models. If that's the case, Matterport's Cortex must have negotiated a ridiculous overtime rate for processing any space over 100 scans!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The above discussion applies to Matterport Classic Pricing. If you are new to Matterport, Matterport Plans include unlimited processing.

βœ“ Matterport New Pricing: My Spreadsheet to Help Understand Annual Hosting
βœ“ WGAN Forum Discussions Tagged: Matterport 2019 New Pricing Announcement'

Best,

Dan

P.S. @iTours360VR Yes. It would a nice jester to early adaptors of Matterport if they ...Quote:
Originally Posted by @June
They should just count it as two spaces and if it goes over 200 as three. That would make more sense.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Changesin3d private msg quote post Address this user
Dan:

I agree it would be not only a nice gesture but good business practice for first adopters, but please allow me to make this observation. All first adaptors were not created equally, some went the extra step of becoming Matterport Service Partners. It was those people like you that promoted Matterport, building websites, print and video, shirts and social media advertising, why not cut these MSPs a break, after all they did more than just do scans, they promoted Matterport at additional expense to themselves for benefits that largely were not even provided, like leads.

Think of this even now Matterport is silent about the MSP Badge, what are the odds that they forgot to make one for release with the logo? Some may be convinced that they have a good heart but then there are those that commented here.

What is the way, trust but verify? Show us the badge and give MSPs a break, after all we are the ones that went above and beyond to put Matterport where they are.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Convrts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianx
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTours360VR
If you break a 200 scan model into (2) 100 scan models (and link them together)...

...could you clarify a bit for me please - do you mean duplicate a 200 scan model and delete 1st 100 scans from the first model & 2nd hundred scans from the duplicate model before processing ...and then ask Matterport Support to join the two models for you?
Or just scan 2 separate (100scan) models ...and then ask Matterport Support to join the two models for you?
Or something else...?
It’d be helpful to know before my next (imminent) shoot, so Thanks-in-advanceπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Hi Ian, I don't know if your question has been answered exactly but yes, if you already have a job which is over 100 scans you can duplicate it on your iPad prior to uoload and remove scans on each model in order to create 2 models which could be linked via a Mattertag (paste the URL of your scan point at the start on the alternate model into a tag) following uploading, The only downside is you don't get as nice a dollhouse as it will remain 2 separate tours but defo saves a few quid. Matterport support will also link models for you but I'm guessing that they'll be savvy to this workaround (could be worth a try though!)
Post 9 IP   flag post
101268 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?