Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVInsta360 Pro 2iSTAR PulsarPilot Era

10 Backpacks to pair with 360º Cameras to create Google Street View10773

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab 1 courtesy of NCTech | NCTech iSTAR Pulsar Explorer Backpack

Screen Grab 2 courtesy of NCTech | NCTech iSTAR Pulsar Explorer Backpack

Screen Grab 3 courtesy of Insta360 | Insta360 The Back Bar

Screen Grab 4 courtesy of Gimbal Guru | Somita Monopole Backpack

Screen Grab 5 courtesy of Baseline Equipment Company | SECO Small GIS Backpack w/Cam-lock Antenna Pole

Screen Grab 6 courtesy of Labpano | Labpano Backpack With Monopod

Screen Grab 7 courtesy of GoPro | GoPro Seeker Backpack

Screen Grab 8 courtesy of Amazon | VGSION 360 Camera Accessory Back Belt Mount

Screen Grab 9 courtesy of Amazon | SHOOT Selfie Pro Backpack Bag

Screen Grab 10 courtesy of Amazon | 3rd Person View Mount - Wearable Handsfree Backpack Body-Mounted POV Camera Selfie Stick Pole for Gopro Action Camera

WGAN-TV Short Story: NCTech Technical Sales Dr Andrew Baddeley at the 2019 Street View Summit on the iStar Pulsar Backpack and Roof Mount (Wednesday, 25 September 2019)

--

10 Backpacks to pair with 360º Cameras to create Google Street View

Hi All,

If you plan to buy a 360º camera to create Google Street View, it's likely that you will want to buy a backpack to shoot parks, trails golf courses and other spaces not appropriate for a car.

Have you used one of these? What's your experience? Used a different backpack solution? Please share a photo and your experience here.

Best,

Dan

---

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

2020 is the year of Google Street View Blue Line Map Updates by Pros
9 Rooftop Car Mounts for 360º Cameras for Google Street View
GSV Pricing: NCTech iSTAR Pulsar versus Insta360 Pro 2 and Labpano Pilot Era
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Google Street View | GSV | NCTech iSTAR Pulsar | Insta360 Pro 2 | Labpano Pilot Era | Labpano Pilot One | Ricoh Theta Z1
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Great collection @dansmigrod, thanks!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tosolini

Thank you.

Have you used one of these? Other?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@dansmigrod I don't have a backpack yet, I've been just holding my camera on a monopod but it's not the most comfortable way to do GSV.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
This is funny.
I just got myself a Muvi which is exactly the same as the shoot. Replaced the angled top extension with a the top section of one my monopods that I no longer use.

Will be going out in the field next week to test it out.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I would really love it if someone could produce a backpack that makes it easy to lower your camera up and down w/o having to take the pack off. When hiking on trails when branches are low you cannot walk through w/o damaging the camera. Being tall does not help either of course.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have got a wheeled backpack with a telescopic handle.This model
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=133265249566&_sacat=0

Even though the tubing on the handle are not round(some backpacks can have round tubing) technically there are ways it can be converted:

1)on my backpack I can unscrew the top of the handle and use a hole to add a 1/4 screw.
2)I can remove all tubing and a handle and use the brackets for it to insert my photography pole from my monopod.

However I have thought about other ways and in fact you may be able to use almost any backpack to make it DIY dirty cheap. Some backpacks have a small full size pocket at the back for a laptop. All you need to do is to cut a board from plywood or from a strong plastic in a size of a the biggest laptop to fill that pocket completelly. Then mount brackets on the piece on the board to hold your monopod pole. If you cut small holes for the brackets at the back of your backpack for the brackets to go out on the other side of the backpack you will get a 360 camera backpack.

There are also hard shell backpacks that can even make the same approach better as their walls are more rigid I would still use the board with them but at least you get more stronger solution.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
actually you do not need to cut holes in the backpack. It is not critical where the brackets attached to the board are facing to. The brackets can be inside your laptop pocket facing the front of your backpack. Then insert the monopod pole inside the brackets and zip the backpack pocket with zippers staying on the top and the pole coming through the hole between zippers.

Basically it will be like on the "3rd Person View Mount..." product above with the only difference that all that will be hidden inside the backpack and brackets will be attached to the DIY board, not what the commercial product shows.

I have just checked my wheeled backpack, unscrewed the button from the top of the telescopic handle. I can see there is a way to add 1/4 screw there if you do not care about retracting/collapsing the handle. Also I can use this backpack with the board idea as well keeping my backpack intact from any modification.

If you do not have a laptop pocket you can build some aluminium frame inside to fill your backpack, add a board and brackets to the frame and it should work.
Post 8 IP   flag post
iGuide
Product
Marketing Manager
Kitchener, Canada
Chris_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
I mounted a shotgun scabbard to my lowepro 350 AWII to hold a selfie stick and 360 camera. It's removable, extendable, and very convenient.

Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman
@Chris_iGuide

WOW! A DIY 3D/360 Camera backpack Cool!

Thought you would like this DIY by Photographer Martin Gallagher for the Insta360 Pro 2 created with a military backpack frame and aluminum tripod.

Video: Insta360 Pro Street View Rig. multi mount rig | Video courtesy of Click 360 YouTube Channel (25 March 2018)

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
My idea with a board and any backpack has actually been implemented at the link below by someone else.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-Easyrig-Overhead-Camera-Support/

Another idea but without a backpack is to mount a pole holder on a belt and maybe modify some gopro holder for a shoulder to have a ring or better a clamp on the shoulder. That will create two points for holding a pole. Even if you keep a pole steady with your hand at least you will have one hand free all the time. And sometimes you can just let go off the pole to free a second hand. It should work great especially for skinny people. If you have some tommy then I guess you have to push the pole closer to your body to keep it straight :-)

A holder for a belt can be just a tube with one end blocked and a bracket for a belt welded/screwed to/into it. Or even more dirty, put some some pouch on a belt slightly bigger than a pole diameter and that will hold the bottom of the pole.

Tried it with a pouch, held the pole with my hand and the Era was raised about 35cm above my head sitting on the right side of my head. I could not even see myself under my Nadir logo.

I have tried to put the Pilot era on a helmet and I do not feel comfortable with such a heavy weight sitting on my head.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
I have tried to put the Pilot era on a helmet and I do not feel comfortable with such a heavy weight sitting on my head.

Careful of neck strain!

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@leonherbert

If you like the Muvi backpack, may I get an Amazon link? Having trouble locating the Muvi that you posted 5 months ago...

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Labpano Pilot One + GPS Module + Backpack = Google Street View Blue-Line
10 Backpacks to pair with 360º Cameras to create Google Street View
2020 is the year of Google Street View Blue Line Map Updates by Pros
Transcript: Pilot One is a Contender for Real Estate Photographers
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

Labpano posted to their Facebook page the backpack (above) on Wednesday, 15 December 2021.

It looks like it may be a prototype.

Your thoughts?

Dan

Buy a Labpano Pilot One EE camera and Succeed Faster with a free WGAN-TV Training Academy 1-Year Membership when you use one of these We Get Around Network affiliate links to buy the Camera: Amazon | Adorama | Labpano
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have seen that type of a mount many times. Its original versions and there are many of them are designed for videographers.

They are not cheap though. A few month ago you could find one that is very good for less than AU$1000. Now they are all gone crazy on aliexpress asking from $2000 to $3300

There is still some for under $650 because it is only for 1-6 kg payload.

Like EASYRIG Video Film Camera rig Support vest Gimbal vest
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 18 IP   flag post
101646 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?