Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NewbiesRicoh Theta VRicoh Theta Z1Versus

New WGAN Member Asks>Should I Switch to Matterport Pro2 from Ricoh Theta V?10734

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A new WGAN Member writes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim
Hi WGAN members.

I am Salim Al Arafati from Oman, co-founder and CEO of Virtual Eye company.

Our core business is to deliver virtual tours to our customers in real estate industry.

I am really happy to discover this forum.

Now we are using Ricoh theta V camera and we are considering to move to camera with better quality.

Do you know how quick relatively is matterport pro2 compared to theta V in shooting whole house?

And what is the longest distance can be made between 2 consecutive scans?

And is matterport pro2 smooth if I want to generate virtual tours from cupix?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome Salim

Let me start with an a/b comparison between the Theta V & a Matterport Pro2 in the same home:

Theta V

Matterport Pro2

The quality of the finished tour will be a much higher quality with a Matterport Pro1 or Pro2 camera

As for distance be tween scans. Generally, scan positions should be: Five to eight ft (1.5 to 2.5 m) apart. Within a line-of-sight to a previous scan. This will be true and a good rule of thumb for any Matterport tour regardless of which camera

If you are wanting to also want to create tours with Cupix I might steer you towards the Ricoh Theta Z1 simply due to the fact there is no easy way to export the 360 photos out of a Matterport tour to be able upload them to something like Cupix.

The Z1 does a pretty good job in the Matterport ecosystem and while scanning it leaves a copy of the photosphere on the camera therefore leaving the option open for adding the imagery to any number of 3rd party services.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
A couple purely Ricoh Z1 examples

Post 3 IP   flag post
Salim private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @DanSmigrod for introducing me and delivering my questions.

Thank you @lilnitsch for your deep reply,
It is very helpful.
But regarding pro2 camera, I read that some photographers advising to capture some open spaces with scan distance of 10-15 feets, so can pro2 align easily the second scan if it is 15 feet or more from the first sacn?

Thanks again for guiding me.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
In my experience, I haven't strayed much further than about 10 feet between scan positions & typically stay in the 5 to 8 range to avoid any mis-alignments. The home below is approximately 17,000 SqFt in total and was scanned with a Pro2 scan positions were approximately every 5 to 8 feet. I cannot share the tour as I had to sign a NDA to photograph the home

Post 5 IP   flag post
I see.
Great, now things are much clearer.
It is really big house, can I know please how many hours it take you to accomblish this scanning?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Salim For that home I was onsite for about 6-7 hours
Post 7 IP   flag post
I see.
Nice.
For Richo theta V I would take more than 20 hours to cover such area. That is very much faster with pro2
Post 8 IP   flag post
101432 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?