Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Measurements

Wish List for Matterport Measurement Mode10655

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab 1

Hi All,

I know that it has only been an hour since Matterport announced its (exciting) Measurement Mode, but I already have a "wish list" item for Matterport Measurement Mode.

When I - or the user - drops a vertical or horizontal measurement - "snap" it so that is is either 90 degrees vertical or 180 degrees horizontal.

For clarification, I (as the user) tried dropping a vertical (Screen Grab 1) above for the measurement that is 2' 4" BUT BUT BUT, it's not 90 degrees perpendicular. I could imagine that 98 percent of measurements that are within a few degrees of 90 or 180 degrees - are meant to be 90 or 180 degrees: not 88 or 178 degrees. (Is it just me!!!!!)

Seems like this would be an easy fix to make the functionality of the Matterport Measurement Mode.

What "wish list" items do you have for Matterport Measurement Mode?

I will plan to send this list to Matterport the first full week in January 2020.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to see it for downloaded models in Capture. My neck of the woods I do not always have cellular or an internet connection when demonstrating features or models
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
I would like to see it for downloaded models in Capture. My neck of the woods I do not always have cellular or an internet connection when demonstrating features or models

Did you test the same model on desktop and then try Matterport 3D Showcase app?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod I deleted a couple of the downloaded tours on my iPad and re-downloaded them. No dice on the downloaded tab. But, if you click over to cloud the measurement tool works just fine there little different on the UI for measuring but more or less the same. (on iOS it kinda looks the the press and hold to take off like the new DJI flyApp for the Mavic Mini)
Post 4 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Agreed 100% on that wish item. I have another: I have a model with a 1/2 octagon design (extreme garden window area if you will) and there is only one place to place the measurement, but the actual measurement (numeric) is covered up by data from a ceiling fan, which just happens to be installed directly over the position where I needed to place the measurement. The problem is that the data from the ceiling fan covers up the measurement text/numerics. So, make the measurement info take priority, when displaying it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Eddi private msg quote post Address this user
I wish AREA calculation of a closed shape!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Eddi Ditto ~ this has been a longtime request amongst many Matterport customers. Previous, answer has always been "you can just do the math"
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddi
I wish AREA calculation of a closed shape!

Brilliant!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
@Eddi Ditto ~ this has been a longtime request amongst many Matterport customers. Previous, answer has always been "you can just do the math"

Ha! Please do the math for us!

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
101432 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?