Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Google Street ViewGSV

How to enable Pegman for 360 pics on GSV10629

KeithMitchell private msg quote post Address this user
I uploaded some 360 pics to an address on Google Street View, and the pictures do show up on the panel for that address to the left of the map, but the little blue dots that you drop Pegman onto do not appear on the map when I upload the pics.

How do I get the blue dots to show up?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@KeithMitchell On desktop you drag the pegman from the bottom right of the screen onto the map. The blue dots will appear, zoom in to see more
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks for responding! I should have been more clear. I drag Pegman. I zoom in and out. I see the blue dots appear for other addresses, but not for the address that has the 360 pictures that I uploaded.
I’m new to the app and I’m sure that there is a simple, basic step that I’m missing but I see no user guides to help me so I’m just trying to find my way.
The business that I tried uploading two pics to is Pottery Barn at The Arboretum in north Austin, TX. There were already 67 pics. Based on a YouTube video I saw, I expected the blue dots to appear after I uploaded my pics from the Google Street View app.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
360 photospheres can take a couple of days to fully process. If you recently added these to google you may simply need to give it a little time
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks lilnitsch. It’s been a week.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@KeithMitchell What's the address?
Post 6 IP   flag post
10000 Research Blvd, Ste B02A, Austin, TX 78759
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@KeithMitchell I am not seeing any 360°'s other than googles street view associated with this address. Are you using the Streetview App for iOS or Android or how are you publishing the 360's
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
With the App make sure that it is associated with the business and/or properly pinned to the map. The image also needs to be made public as private images aren't shown

Post 9 IP   flag post
OK, I’ll check in that when I get back to my desktop. That may be what I needed to know. Really appreciate the help!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It seems to be a part of a huge bug that Google is working on.
I have the same problem for my client's tour submitted yesterday.

If you are a Google Trusted Photographer you should have access to their private Street View group on their local guides connect forums.

Photographers post there some bugs they encounter with tours and Google Moderators either advise that it is a part of a big problem & Google is aware of the problem or if it is local or some specific LG account problem they will try to help.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Roger that, Wingman. Thanks.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Wingman I believe the google issue was something to do with constellations (connection points) I just tried a singular 360 though the street view app and it published immediately
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
You can submit them now but there is no guarantee. Missing blue circles is not the only problem with Google Maps now.

For the tour I posted yesterday one of 53 panos I published was published with a missing place name. Actually it was 3 of them that went without any place name but I could get it to one after a few updates through Pano2VR. And that missing name pano comes as black(no image) when I try to click on it.

Also the client tour has 53 panos but only 20(or 22 do not remember exactly) are shown under their place "360 view" / "By you" tab. In my account 52 shown for this client and the one without the name.

Also checked the tour I did a few month ago. It had all blue circles before, now it just shows a few times less. Also one pano is shown in black. That tour was submitted in September when there was no issues with GSV.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yikes @Wingman, that makes it double hard on us newbies because we don't know if our problem is the app or us.

I remembered that the two 360 images I uploaded a week ago were through Google Maps on my desktop, so maybe that is why they didn't work with Pegman at the time.

But now I don't see them at all when I look at Pottery Barn in Google Maps or Google Street View. I've been trying to upload one of them again today via the GSV app on my iPhone with no luck. The image is taken with the Theta Z1 and is 7296 x 3648, stitched and ready to go. When I try to upload I get an error message saying that the image "...must be at least 3840 x 1920." Well, it's almost twice that. I even tried resizing it to exactly 3840 x 1920 and I still get the error message.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Do not try to resize, it is still a known problem with rejecting perfectly normal 360 photos. That's why I offered to check local guides connect. However if you say you are a newbie you probably won't have access to their Street View board. In this case may be join the following group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoogleStreetViewTrustedPhotographers/

It is a private group and has nothing to do with Google but there are plenty of Google Trusted Photographers. At least you will see all GSV bugs they are reporting and you will be able to figure out if it is you or there is a problem with Google.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thanks, will do.
Post 17 IP   flag post
101634 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?