Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

First Raw scan for advice1057

orbitvisions private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all..
Well this is my first scan prior to cleaning up, straight off the cloud. Not too bad surprisingly the sun lighting didn't create more problems as I anticipated. I wanted to get the view from the top floor to the outdoors. As you will see the first floor I drew the window shades down due to sunlight. Didn't have the golden hour..
My question is the 2nd floor main entry door from the front porch. I'm able to enter thru the door into the house but if you try and go out that same door it doesn't work need suggestions. I also noticed the wind closed the door in one scan I didn't pick up (need to get door stops next time). There also is a secret loft thru the hall ceiling by the bathroom with a ladder on the 2nd floor did you find it? I wasn't sure the best way to do this as I created a 3rd floor but when processed it showed up on the 2nd floor which worked fine. I manually held the camera very still half way up the ladder rungs.
First floor I need to add another camera position in the bathroom to enable to go into the space easier.

Like I mentioned I haven't tweaked anything yet had 115 scans approx 3000 sq ft multiple levels took it down to 100. Your input is appreciated, happy scanning!

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
good job on your first one.
things to note.

1. elevate the camera. It's way too low. I feel like I'm navigating the house as a child.

2. for the door you can't exit to the porch. Simply disable the scan directly in front of the door on workshop and you can go out through the stand points around it. (The door closed created the same thing as I pointed out in the last thread about unable to enter a room)
3. good job capturing that bonus secret room. That's a tough one to do.
4. Trim the excess around the building.

That's my 2 cents.

@DanSmigrod, I should start offering training classes for this stuff.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Yep agree with Carlos, although I don't mind a lower camera. That's how we shoot the majority of our high end photographs anyway. I personally wouldn't go much higher than that.
Well done with the ladder, how did you manage that? Did you just lift the camera higher?
Trim each level to make the model look cleaner and maybe disable a few of the scans that are close to each other. Make it flow more naturally.
Good job for your first scan though, well done.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@orbitvisions

I will defer the critique to MUG Members like @CarlosFHdz and @Jamie

About how to keep an outside door open - despite wind – I recommend this door stop that I review in my blog post:

Atlanta Matterport Photographer Excited About a Door Stop

(It's not possible to be any geekier than I am. Who else would write a blog post for the MUG Forum Community about a door stop.)

This door stop – and others - are on my Buy Matterport Gear and Accessories shopping list.

Best,

Dan

Post 4 IP   flag post
The only person who could make a door stop interesting @DanSmigrod
Much better than newspaper or shoes

Maybe that could be a topic. What weird items have you used as a door stop?
I used a dog chew toy once. Mid way through the shot the dog decided it needed the toy, pulled it out closing the door and almost knocking the camera over. If only I had one of these door stops
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @CarlosFHdz

@DanSmigrod, I should start offering training classes for this stuff.

Yes. Actually! When we get requests for in-person training, we refer Members of the We Get Around Referral Network.

Since you are a Member - thank you - when we get requests for training in San Diego, we will refer you.

Best,

Dan

P.S. We Get Around Matterport Training
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Jamie
The only person who could make a door stop interesting @DanSmigrod
Much better than newspaper or shoes

Maybe that could be a topic. What weird items have you used as a door stop?

I used a dog chew toy once. Mid way through the shot the dog decided it needed the toy, pulled it out closing the door and almost knocking the camera over. If only I had one of these door stops

I was thinking of using one or more of these ...

22 Decorative Door Stops That Add Cheer to Your Home's Décor

Post 7 IP   flag post
orbitvisions private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for your comments so far. I enjoy hearing different and similar views to help become more well rounded.

Yes, Jamie I lifted the camera up halfway and rested a tripod leg against the ladder rung.

The side conversation on the door stop is quite funny... Like the red shoe!

Thanks again..
Post 8 IP   flag post
Nice.
My favourite
Post 9 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Jamie I like this one and would love to see it show up in a scan.
Post 10 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Jamie I want it!!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?