Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansPhoto RetouchingPhoto SparcPhotoAndVideoEdits.comRetouchingStill Images

Still Photo Re-Touching - Looking for a New Company10553

bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
I am looking for a new company to handle my still photo re-touching.

Many I have looked at charge a monthly minimum requiring the purchase of a "bucket" of credits, which are used as needed. Part of my concern with this is that many of these companies do not roll over 100% of the credits to the following month, which is like throwing money down the toilet.

As well, I have never been a fan of pre-paid anything, so I am seeking a company that does this work on a demand-type basis without the need for a monthly pre-paid plan with minimums, but with the typical 12-24 hour turn-around window.

I have no issues paying for the work when I submit the order, but pre-paying a monthly minimum, then getting charged 50% - 75% more if I exceed the pre-paid allotment, is a bit over the top in a highly competitive market.

Any referrals or suggestions will be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
When not doing it myself I have been using BoxBrownie https://www.boxbrownie.com
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@bryanhscott

Three WGAN Members:

PhotoAndVideoEdits.com – 100 percent of credits rollover
CAPTUR3D - pay as you go; as little as one photo (WGAN Special Offer)
Photo Sparc - pay as you go (WGAN Special Offer)

Best,

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions Tagged:

PhotoAndVideoEdits.com
CAPTUR3D
Post 3 IP   flag post
Photo - Video
Editing Service
PhotoAndVideoEdits private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Bryan,

Prepaid plans are the equivalent of buying of buying in bulk concept. As editing is an ongoing daily need for most photographers, it is (as you mentioned) the way a lot of editing companies offer their services. At least with our plans, all unused credits roll over if not used at the end of the month.

To pay for each upload of photos that need editing isn't convenient for most peoples needs and would certainly create a lot more book keeping for vendors in regard to sales receipts. We will as some point in the near future be offering "buy as you go" credits but they will carry a higher price tag.

Thanks,
Colin.

https://youtu.be/Dh9wlQFRPvQ
https://youtu.be/wQ-f8tm0tb4
https://youtu.be/qJDSpjq7Af4
https://youtu.be/J37k2bBT55g
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@bryanhscott - I encourage you to try PhotoAndVideoEdits.com run by Colin Forte, a member of WGAN. clickable text

I moved all my work to "PAVE" (as I call it) and have been thrilled with the results. For perspective, thus far he has handled 182 projects totaling about 6000 images for me. Major pointers:

1) You sign up for a select # of credits per month. This number is changeable at any time.
2) ALL UNUSED CREDITS ROLL OVER with NO expiration date!
3) His Dashboard, upload, download, data are incredibly well designed and complete.
4) In my experience, turnaround has never exceeded 24 hours even on large orders. Often I upload in the evening and 90% of the time photos are ready when I wake up (occasional holidays excepted)
5) AMAZING FEATURE - ARTIST SELECTION! This was something I personally asked for and Colin added it about 6 months ago - - When you receive work on a set of photos which really suits your personal taste, you can select that future jobs be processed by the same artist! It's done by indicating the past job number you really loved, which you fill into a field when you are about to upload a new job. This sends the new job to the same artist and also "rewards" them with a very small tip. Yes, the "tip" is something I directly asked Colin to build into the system as well. I believe in treating suppliers the way I wish I was treated. My satisfaction with PhotoAndVideoCredits was already way beyond my former provider, but this 'artist selection' option, which I ALWAYS use, raised my satisfaction even higher. I love the work PAVE provides and am thrilled that I can select and reward the artist that makes my work look great.

Everyone should try this service. The work is great, affordable, and Colin is a gem - always responsive to issues (I've had maybe 3 minor ones in 182 projects) and great to talk with too if the occasion ever arises.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CaryJohn private msg quote post Address this user
We have been using this company for a couple of years now on all of our work.
No need to pre-purchase just pay as you go.

https://www.picsfix.co
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I have been using www.photosparc.com and always happy with his work. He recently lowered his pricing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoguy
I have been using www.photosparc.com and always happy with his work. He recently lowered his pricing.

WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members Special Offer for Photo Sparc

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
@PhotoAndVideoEdits Thanks for responding Colin. I appreciate it. I must admit that, due to my current lack of jobs (up to this point, not a lot of volume, but preparing a formal launch of my business 1st week in January), I have been apprehensive about a subscription plan with minimums, but given you roll 100% of the credits over to the next month and based on a number of glowing recommendations I see on WGAN, plus the issues I have been experiencing, this is looking a whole lot better to me at the moment.

@DanSmigrod Thanks for your info. I have been using Captur3d, because I use them for the other offerings they provide and it just seemed very convenient, however, there have been a few too many glitches on the re-touching side, which is why I am considering a change. I cannot afford any more missed deadlines to clients.

@lilnitsch Thanks for your suggestion. I have heard of Box Brownie, but will look closer this time.

@Home3D Wow! Great referral!! I appreciate the time you clearly took to lay this out. Very informative.

@CaryJohn Thank you for your referral. I will follow this lead up.

@fotoguy Thanks for this lead. Vaguely familiar with the name. Your recommendation means alot!

Thanks again to all again. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod FYI on Photosparc - The WGAN price for paid subscribers appears to be $1.40 - 20% = $1.12 per image for standard retouching, but in checking their website, they show a price of $1.75 marked through with $1.00 in it's place. Not sure if this is permanent, or not, but here is the link to that specific page: https://www.photosparc.com/product-page/single-image-enhancement
Post 10 IP   flag post
Photo - Video
Editing Service
PhotoAndVideoEdits private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D . Thank you for the very kind words. @bryanhscott I have what I call an imaginary 'park the plan' feature where basically you can drop down to 1 credit per moth ($10) after going on a higher plan to grab credits at $1 per credit. So lets say you edit around 200 photos per month. You could buy 400 credits for the first month and then change your plan for the next month by switching down to the 1 credit per month plan. Thats why if you buy 400, you should never run out of credits in the same month if you are using around 200 per month. The 1 credit per month will take effect on the 1st of the month (all plans renew on the 1st of the month) so that you are only charged $10. Of course, just make sure you don't run out of credits in the same month or credit costs are then prohibitive at $10 per credit and you cant afford to buy more credits at that cost.

You should only lower it to 1 credit per month as long as you know that you have enough credits at the cheaper price to get you through the month. Then when you need more credits, simply change your plan back to 200 (or more) credits before the 1st of the month so that your plan renews so that you get to purchase them at $1 per credit. If you plan your credits correctly, you can make it so that they only ever cost you $1 per credit.

If it sounds a little complicated, I am happy to explain over the phone. Just DM message me.....

Thanks,
Colin
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhscott
@DanSmigrod FYI on Photosparc - The WGAN price for paid subscribers appears to be $1.40 - 20% = $1.12 per image for standard retouching, but in checking their website, they show a price of $1.75 marked through with $1.00 in it's place. Not sure if this is permanent, or not, but here is the link to that specific page: https://www.photosparc.com/product-page/single-image-enhancement

@JonJ can you jump in about your Photo Sparc services/pricing?

Happy Thanksgiving,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All! And thank you @fotoguy for the recommendation!

As for the current pricing, I have reduced the pricing to $1.00 per photo and you can apply the WGAN discount code at checkout for an additional savings. That should bring your per image photo cost to $0.80 per image. This pricing is good for 1 business day delivery 6 days a week (Monday - Saturday) for orders submitted by 8:00PM EST.

There are no credits to purchase and no minimum order. Payment is made at the time of checkout based on the number of images submitted.

Please note, that this is for single image enhancement or Matterport snapshots only. We do not process multiple exposure images at this time. Please merge your images prior to submitting your order.

I hope this helps and I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

JonJ

P.S.
Virtual staging pricing has also been reduced to $40 per image. After the WGAN discount is applied, the per image cost is only $32.
Post 13 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
AlexHitchcock private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Bryan and the WGAN crew, hope you're all doing great!

I just wanted to chime in here with an update as CAPTUR3D had a couple of issues delivering Bryans recent order for photo retouching. We discovered this was down to a simple human error on our side that delayed a couple of the photos beyond an acceptable deliverable time-frame.

We're taking the positives from this error by revisiting our workflow efficiencies with our photo retouching service specifically. It will take a week or 2 to implement these changes, but we are now confident the same error will not happen again.

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise again to @bryanhscott for this mishap. @bryanhscott I am sending you an email now with a gesture of goodwill - I'm confident you will love it!

Keep up the good work everyone, and a very Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in the States!

Alex
Post 14 IP   flag post
@AlexHitchcock Though the issues were much more involved than just the last two pictures, I strongly believe that Captur3d will correct the fairly minor issues that created the problems in a complete and expedient manner as you have indicated. With you involved, I have no doubts about this.

Like most companies, there are growing pains. This too shall pass.

I personally believe that Captur3d offers a great solution to cut down on work flow time and assist the MSP in delivering great products to clients. And, now that they have added scheduling, I am excited to be able to use all of their offerings, which will include photo re-touching again at some point in the future.

Thanks again for your efforts Alex. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post 15 IP   flag post
101641 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?